Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Oct 2020 6.1 recall

Rololux

Rololux

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I’ve just been advised that my T6.1 Ocean 199 4M has been recalled. Delivered Oct 2020, so build would have been late September probably. It’s MY21. Anyone know what the recall is for? They need it for a day.

Let us know what the Service action code is once you have had the work done.

eg.
58D8 The electrical child safety device may not be mechanically locked even though it has been activated by the driver and the permanent indicator on the button indicates normal operation with no indication of a fault.
The Volkswagen T6 models affected by this recall were manufactured between 27 September and 8 November 2019.

I’ve just been advised that my T6.1 Ocean 199 4M has been recalled. Delivered Oct 2020, so build would have been late September probably. It’s MY21. Anyone know what the recall is for? They need it for a day.
Hi @Rololux, My T6.1 was delivered in November 2020 and is a MY21 van.
I didn’t get a recall from my local van centre (Citygate), but when down at Eurovans last month to pick up a freebie, they advised me that there was a recall for a software update on the electric roof to fix a known problem. They did it while I waited (about 1.5 hours).
Maybe that’s your recall?

Thanks GG, Could be software - I’ll try to find out more when I take the van in, but in my experience, the people in reception know little about what really goes on in the workshop.

Do you know what was the ”known” issue with the roof was?

Thanks GG, Could be software - I’ll try to find out more when I take the van in, but in my experience, the people in reception know little about what really goes on in the workshop.

Do you know what was the ”known” issue with the roof was?
Sorry I didn’t ask (I should have). I assumed it was to do with the roof not closing issue that some T6.1 owners have experienced?

I think it was a software upgrade to fix the issue that was causing owners to pull the fuses to reset the control panel.
My understanding is that it basically removes the check that stops the roof lowering when its lost the plot & cant work out if its up or down. Ie in the situation where one side has sagged sufficiently to trigger the cut out for the interior lights & the other hasn't.

I will see what they do with mine when it goes in, I want the sag sorting not the software!

Reactions: Loz
The garage called me today to inform me that the recall is for a fuel tank issue - no more details. I have the 80 litre tank. They asked that the tank should be no more than 70% full when I take it in, which is tomorrow, so good job its' actually only half full at present, otherwise I'd have to go for a long drive this afternoon!

There may well be a software update due for the van as well by now. Do they routinely update the software when given the chance?

The garage called me today to inform me that the recall is for a fuel tank issue - no more details. I have the 80 litre tank. They asked that the tank should be no more than 70% full when I take it in, which is tomorrow, so good job its' actually only half full at present, otherwise I'd have to go for a long drive this afternoon!

There may well be a software update due for the van as well by now. Do they routinely update the software when given the chance?
Can’t they update the software over the airwaves yet?
You can tell I know what I’m talking about

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, the recall was for a sensor in the fuel tank. Don’t know which one. No indication a software update has been done.

They also checked the emergency call feature, which has been having problems, and is well documented on both VW and Audi vehicles. They found no fault, but said that VW were working on a solution for a known problem, and would update the software when available. Don’t hold your breath on this one.

Back