Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Off the grid

John.s

John.s

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We are off to a beer festival this weekend in our new Cali and will have no hook up can someone confirm that the leisure batteries will be good for three days, we would like to use fridge, lights, heater and charge phones etc.

We did three days , but be carefull .
Keep a good eye on the status and don't use the 12v in the dash!

As long as you are not using the fridge as a freezer (on Max all the time) and you remember to turn the lights off in the morning then you should be fine.

Ditto what Wim said, I suggest you turn the courtesy lights off so if you stagger in and leave doors open then you do not drain the starter battery, equally don't keep the radio on or use a heavy load on the 12V sockets forward of the habitation area :shocked

We are off to a beer festival this weekend in our new Cali and will have no hook up can someone confirm that the leisure batteries will be good for three days, we would like to use fridge, lights, heater and charge phones etc.
Should be no problem as others have said BUT I would suggest cooling the fridge down for 24hrs before you leave, either with it fully loaded already or just switch it on on 5 and pre-chill anything you are taking in the house fridge and loading it as the last thing you do before Departure.

Should be no problem as others have said BUT I would suggest cooling the fridge down for 24hrs before you leave, either with it fully loaded already or just switch it on on 5 and pre-chill anything you are taking in the house fridge and loading it as the last thing you do before Departure.
And set the fridge high when you are driving, and lower when you are parked for the night.