Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

OH MY GOD, I did the control panel knob

dod4luce

dod4luce

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
was really scary and twiddling the screws for the buttons to click was the worst bit. It all works. Heater works, fridge and pop roof. Think I’d be fine now if I had to do another one, not that I ever want to! Thanks everyone for all your advice and help, this girl is happy again. Thank you

07070437-2455-4CB8-9AC7-91E162154FF1.jpeg

CCBC4F2E-3A62-4720-939C-BD1DA207B524.jpeg

857989CF-255E-4923-958E-743A224F6DB9.jpeg

It is good you gave feedback on cause, solution and fix. Pity more people on this don't also respond with fixes.
I’m just so grateful to this forum and to the advice I was given and being told extra hints that there were two clips at the top which isn’t on the download instructions, plus the fiddling with the screws to make sure everything clicks as it should. This forum is a god send, and everyone is so helpful. To be honest I was absolutely terrified, but all went well thank god. I’ve taken PlayStations to bits and fixed all kinds of things from bellows in cuckoo clocks. Friends call me mrs fixit. But this would be costly if it wasn’t done correctly or something broke. I feel I achieved something today. Was a good learn for the future lol

Any chance you could fix your avatar, it keeps spinning.

Well done, its a great feeling knowing you´ve fixed something that the
dealer could have charged a fortune for isn´t it. :thumb

Any chance you could fix your avatar, it keeps spinning.

Well done, its a great feeling knowing you´ve fixed something that the
dealer could have charged a fortune for isn´t it. :thumb
Great feeling for sure. Spinning like my head was this morning doing that button :D

Great to hear a successful result and an example to us all. Well done dod4luce.

Thanks. If it wasn’t for this forum, I’d be paying vw lots of money. Imagine people who haven’t joined this forum? Feel for them. So much advice here. Haven’t been that active here, had WiFi issues, hope to be around more although I wanna try to enjoy some summer while it’s here. It’s june already. Flying by.