Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Oil Filler Cap (Mines called Basil)

glen

glen

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi All, Please don't tell me I'am the first to drop the oil filler cap into the engine. Have a look under van nothing gets down on the bottom to have a proper look, Yes big cover on the underside had to undo four bolts and was able to see inside There it is sitting there like Basil in the biscuit tin managed to fish it out and give it a right bollocking. Please don't make the same mistake Put it on the floor don't rest it on the engine :oops:

Noted! :thanks

But you’re having to add oil already?

Hi All, Please don't tell me I'am the first to drop the oil filler cap into the engine. Have a look under van nothing gets down on the bottom to have a proper look, Yes big cover on the underside had to undo four bolts and was able to see inside There it is sitting there like Basil in the biscuit tin managed to fish it out and give it a right bollocking. Please don't make the same mistake Put it on the floor don't rest it on the engine :oops:
How many miles have you done, and filling oil already??!! :eek:

There's a similar tip with the portapotti - never, NEVER, put the lid on the side of the emptying trough. Just don't do it. You won't want to put your hand down THAT hole to try and retrieve it!!! Always put it on the ground :)

It says oil filler CAP, not oil filler CAT! :D

Reminds me of an old joke. Any PC police out there, please don’t shoot the poster...

CE893763-7F6C-4CA5-A53C-1DFDEA2C0150.jpeg

Hi Just took oil cap off to have a look in side its a Man thing.
I get it. Just don't forget to clean all the grit and dirt from the cap once recovered.

Back