Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Oil sensor warning light

racali

racali

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
This large orange warning light came on saying attention was needed at the ‘workshop’ and there was also an intermittent flickering of the much smaller orange low oil light. I checked to see the oil level was OK then I phoned the VW call out and made an appointment only to get a phone call later to say they couldn’t do anything at the roadside - I suggested it may need just a reset but no I was told this was not possible. I have just taken it to my VW dealer through the worst traffic jam imaginable (the M25/M23 junction was closed) only to be told they only needed to “plug it in and reset it”. Not impressed with the VW call out service but I did get a free timing belt tensioner while I was there - do you have to be at the dealer to hear there has been a recall.

This large orange warning light came on saying attention was needed at the ‘workshop’ and there was also an intermittent flickering of the much smaller orange low oil light. I checked to see the oil level was OK then I phoned the VW call out and made an appointment only to get a phone call later to say they couldn’t do anything at the roadside - I suggested it may need just a reset but no I was told this was not possible. I have just taken it to my VW dealer through the worst traffic jam imaginable (the M25/M23 junction was closed) only to be told they only needed to “plug it in and reset it”. Not impressed with the VW call out service but I did get a free timing belt tensioner while I was there - do you have to be at the dealer to hear there has been a recall.
It’s not classed as a “Recall” but the Tensioner will be replaced at a visit or at the next Service.

and for those not wanting to wait until next service there has been a number of forum posts about tensioner replacement as well as some T6 updates being undertaken.