Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Oil service in 100 miles concern?

Paschy

Paschy

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi guys

Looking for your thoughts.

My cali beach is showing 'Oil service in 100 miles'..its booked in on Monday however I have to drive from Cardiff to Derby and back for work and would prefer to go up in comfort than my old clio. This will be about 200 miles in total.

Am I likely to damage the engine?

I have started to notice a dodgy smell from the engine lately, thinking could be this.

The van is just about to hit year anniversary and has done around 12000 miles.
I'm hoping I'll be onto drive to Derby yet then limit it until it's in service?

Any reassurance appreciated

Thanks

In your mind you must be aware that it will be ok, tolerances are not finite.

No technical issue, for warranty VW allow you 1000 miles over the service indicator.

Last edited:
Just had my first oil service last week at just over 14000 miles because the service message was showing. Dealer told me the official VW guidance is 2yrs/ 20000 and said I could wait if I wanted. I had it done anyway for the start of the camping season. I would talk to your dealer, then you have their ‘official’ guidance.

My oil service countdown, was showing about 800 miles to go whilst I was just South of the Brenner Pass in Northern Italy. I called VW, and they said it was fine, and booked me in for a service on my return home, some 1800 miles later.

However, they carried out a full service whilst it was in with them..... With only about 17,000 miles (7 months old) on the van, I felt this was a bit premature. So, next time, which shouldn't be too long away..... I'll be clearer about that work they will be completing whist it's in with them. I pre-paid for 4x services / 80,000 miles upfront. So, what to make sure these stretch.

You’ll be fine, oil services are overrated IMO.

Back in the day I bought a flagging Type 2 with spaceship miles from Bilbo’s bargain basement for a whopping £700.
We only planned to have it for the one long summer trip but 7 years later we still had it plodding along just fine with zero servicing.
Then with another big euro trip planned I had the crazy idea to change the oil.
Out came burnt treacle and in went lovely fresh slippery stuff.
Engine died just over the Alps and was left abandoned in an Italian industrial estate traded for a train ticket home.
Never changed the oil since lol!

Thanks all. I took it in the end and got it serviced / oil change when i came back. My dealer (vw sinclair) in Cardiff really are useless though. Have to do all my own research. They didn't even stamp or fill out the service book. I've paid up front for 4 services too.

Thanks all. I took it in the end and got it serviced / oil change when i came back. My dealer (vw sinclair) in Cardiff really are useless though. Have to do all my own research. They didn't even stamp or fill out the service book. I've paid up front for 4 services too.
That’s VW Sinclair Cardiff for you. That is why I have never used them and never will .

That’s VW Sinclair Cardiff for you. That is why I have never used them and never will .
Yep.. currently compiling list as the way it's going I can see me putting a case to the financial ombudsmen. The price we are paying / paid. We shouldn't get this type of after service. But hey I seen another three on here regarding dealer reviews

Back