Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Oil service

paulo12

paulo12

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
What can I expect to pay for an oil service it’s telling me I need one in 14 days

I’ve just been quoted £354 for major service and inspection. 22k miles. Booked in for next week.

Only done 8000 miles 16 months old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only done 8000 miles 16 months old

Short journeys will increase the frequency of required services.

Ok thanks off to Scotland soon better get booked in

Third (oil) service in 1000 miles at ~46,500 miles.

All included in the £729 (from memory) four service package I bought with the new van.

Third (oil) service in 1000 miles at ~46,500 miles.

All included in the £729 (from memory) four service package I bought with the new van.
Hmmm......sounds like a bargain now!

Just found paper work for my 4 year service package .It was £ 214.80 in 2016.
Bargain .
Only got it on recommendation of this forum
Many thanks everyone x

We also paid £176, I thought fixed price servicing was bought in by VW to stop dealers competing with other?

Last edited:
Thanks , I will question my quote of £229 for an oil service. I did think it was all fixed prices.... but by the look of things £176 is the going rate. A bit disappointing....!

SMG Tonbridge have just relieved me of £235 for an oil and filter change. That figure included a pollen filter change.

I will be booking in tomorrow Sheffield we will see what they quote

I was quoted about £130 for the intermediate service which with VAT came to £174. You have to ask for the intermediate service or they will do other things as well and charge you more.

I was quoted about £130 for the intermediate service which with VAT came to £174. You have to ask for the intermediate service or they will do other things as well and charge you more.
Indeed, price seems about right too. My quote of £354 was for major service inc DSG oil change etc.

Thanks Simon. Just looked at your posted links. The Major Service is shown "From £349" So whilst I was a bit shocked when I got the quote I feel a bit happier now! Thanks for helping my peace of mind.
"Major Service
Our major service will help your car run smoothly. The recommended service interval is every 24 months or 20,000 miles (whichever comes first).

Prices from: £349 for models up to and including 2.0 litre engines and £399 for Touareg."

It may be worth asking them (or yourself) if a service is really necessary:-

Ours is roughly the same mileage/age and although the mileage is low, it has not been used for short journeys or under load etc. When the service warning came on I phoned the dealer who seemed surprised that it had and suggested I brought it in and they would reset it for the long life service.

It’s not the cost, it’s the inconvenience. Despite all this, I still haven’t decided what to do myself! :oops:

the £174 is for vans over 3years ???? oil change £218

I have my Cali serviced as and when the dash display tells me, especially while in Warranty period. Is that naive?

I have my Cali serviced as and when the dash display tells me, especially while in Warranty period. Is that naive?

That’s all I want to do however the pricing is confusing me

Back