Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Oil spec for T6 EU6 150 ?

N

Npf1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I need to top up a little after 4K miles (at half point between dipstick marks). Manual shows different specs for with, and without, a DPF.

Does the EU6 engine (with ad Blue) have a DPF? Bit of a dumb Q, but I don't know!

Also, what's the 'real' spec for buying a brand other than VW?

Thx in advance.

I don't mean to offend but if you have purchased such an expensive vehicle and don't know what is under the bonnet then I would suggest purchasing the necessary top up oil from your Dealer in the first instance. Your Handbook has all the details and specs that the engine oil needs to meet if you buy from elsewhere but the Dealer would be the safest option.

That's helpful.

Yep, I've not read every page of the manual but thought it quicker to ask the question to the helpful people on here, as I don't have the manual here right now. And from what I do remember, it doesn't go into a whole lot of detail about what parts come with each of the engine variants.

I've stripped and rebuilt many an engine in my time, but not for while and not too sure if the AdBlu system negates the need for the DPF (which isn't under the bonnet BTW).

Knowing the correct spec of oil is actually quite useful, especially as one day may not be near a VW dealer to get the VW stuff.

Ever heard the phrase "if you've got nothing good to say,say nothing"? It works quite well in forumland.

Still has a DPF - the add blue is in addition to handle the nox. VW dealers do 1ltr top up bottles at a reasonable price, well mine does anyhow.

I need to top up a little after 4K miles (at half point between dipstick marks). Manual shows different specs for with, and without, a DPF.

Does the EU6 engine (with ad Blue) have a DPF? Bit of a dumb Q, but I don't know!

image.jpg

Thx in advance.
This is the oil recommended to me by VW for a T6 150.
image.jpg

That's helpful.

Yep, I've not read every page of the manual but thought it quicker to ask the question to the helpful people on here, as I don't have the manual here right now. And from what I do remember, it doesn't go into a whole lot of detail about what parts come with each of the engine variants.

I've stripped and rebuilt many an engine in my time, but not for while and not too sure if the AdBlu system negates the need for the DPF (which isn't under the bonnet BTW).

Knowing the correct spec of oil is actually quite useful, especially as one day may not be near a VW dealer to get the VW stuff.

Ever heard the phrase "if you've got nothing good to say,say nothing"? It works quite well in forumland.
All the information is in the Handbook, as I found out when I purchased my vehicle. You should also know that modern diesels have a DPF to trap particulate matter and burn it off to lessen particulate pollution and the Adblu system is to decrease the Oxides of Nitrogen produced by diesel combustion.
I haven't a foggiest what spec the oil is for the T6 as I don't have one and I would be really embarrassed asking on a Forum for information which is in the Handbook. Now if you had asked which other commercially available oils meet the VW spec as listed in your handbook then I probably would have done some research on your behalf, but if you can't be bothered to look up the Handbook, then I cannot be bothered to do it for you.:thumb

Oh, and by the way, I did have something to say - Look in the Handbook!

stick something good quality synthetic 5w30 in there. it will be fine as long as the oil grade is correct.

On my T6 204PS engine the oil filler cap says use Castrol oil.
I looked on the Castrol site to check and it gives Castrol Edge 5-30 LL as the oil required.
Same seemed to be for 150.
Interestingly they recommend 15,000kms or 12 month replacement. More to my inclination.

http://applications.castrol.com/oil...ansporter-vi-2-0-tdi-(150-kw)-4motion-(2015-)

On Ebay sites for about £10/ltr or £34/4ltr cans.

My dipstick (when first checked) was about half way between low and high marks, doesn't seem to move as yet. The handbook says that is OK no need to fill until near minimum level.

Note! take great care not to overfill as this may give an engine warning fault indication or the excess will blow off into the exhaust causing DPF failure. This will need 'washing' or replacing - expensive.:sad

Most will help on here if you have a query regardless of what it is.

Last edited:

I was give a litre bottle of oil with my new T6 Beach in a nice carry case which says on the side, "Volkswagen recommends Castrol EDGE Professional. The oil inside is 5W-30.

Back