Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

OMG! T6 See-thru Canvas

Don't you find it amazing what you see when you haven't got a gun?

I don't know you guys we can't even have a simple conversation without it going to the depths of you know what :kiss would that be a ISO pop your top then :happy :Iamsorry

Remember it is dimable - no ned to have it turned up full.

Literally just sat in the Cali saying it needed more lights around the front seats and read this - never even realised!

Well we leave today and never did actually get to meet them, I don't think that they had particularly good time.

Anyway, hopefully this thread has given some warning to T6 owners that they should never turn the light on upstairs after dusk or else you will become the talking point of the campsite.

Most tents are see through with lights on. Better material and probably less likely to mould than the old canvas. Also van is lighter when your sitting in it.

Most tents are see through with lights on. Better material and probably less likely to mould than the old canvas. Also van is lighter when your sitting in it.

Having owned a T5 and now a T6 I have to disagree, the T5 canvas was much better. I think the silhouette problem is much worse in a campervan as you are so high up, it's like being on stage and is impossible for passers by to miss.

Having owned a T5 and now a T6 I have to disagree, the T5 canvas was much better. I think the silhouette problem is much worse in a campervan as you are so high up, it's like being on stage and is impossible for passers by to miss.

I'm curious what you actually do upstairs with the light on?

... the T5 canvas was much better.

Can you qualify that statement? Is it just the light transmission or better in other ways, in your opinion ?

..message ends...

Is the canvas really "see through"? I would be quite surprised if it was. Surely what you can see are shadows resulting from the internal lights. This problem is well known to all campers of single skin tents.

Can't believe you posted a photo of a nude chair! This is a family website. Still I suppose you could have posted a stool.....
Fortunately, you can't see the shady goings on in the shady part of the picture :D

I have to report that there is one minor advantage with the new fabric - it seems to be much thicker and holds the hatch in place without having to resort to the old credit card trick :).

Or even a camp gay chair wearing a head scarf!

Currently pitched next to a T6 and they have the light on upstairs and are having a little kiss and a cuddle. I think T6 owners are totally unaware of how see thru the canvas is.

I'm still blushing

Currently pitched next to a T6 and they have the light on upstairs and are having a little kiss and a cuddle. I think T6 owners are totally unaware of how see thru the canvas is.

I'm still blushing
Another great benefit for the Brandrup Isotop, of course if the couple are doggers then the transparent canvas is a fabulous thing.

I have to report that there is one minor advantage with the new fabric - it seems to be much thicker and holds the hatch in place without having to resort to the old credit card trick :).

Yeah, that advantage lasted for a while when our T5 received the T6-canvas. But after a while the hatch started openig by itself again, although less than it did with the T5-canvas.

One huge advantage of the newer canvas imho is the fact that if you sit in the van when parked up, with the roof open, the entire van is much lighter, which makes a huge difference as to how roomy/spacious the van feels. And the front window (when openend) also adds to this spacious feel.

Back