Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

OMG this is awesome

T

Tronic

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Picked up our new Cali last week and drove it to Wales for Easter for its first long road trip from Northumberland. Packed it up with two road bikes in canvas bags plus luggage for three people and it was still screaming ' is that it'. Adaptive cruise control is so cool, so much better than standard cruise control which I never really used in my last car.

After our first nights sleep I couldn't believe how amazing this car is, the little spot lights, parking heater, upstairs bed, total black out blinds, fridge, cooker- man, it's got it all, you can literally go anywhere in it. I'm utterly gob smacked. After many months of thinking OMG are we doing the right thing, reading threads about roof corrosion and wondering if we're going to enjoy the whole campervan thing. The answe is a big fat YES.

We've now officially begun our new chapter..Love it.

Cheers, R&M

Agree on all counts.

We spent most of the the day at a nature reserve, after buying a drone, watching Marsh Harriers. We needed a cup of tea, flip the gas and kettle was on in minutes, whipped out a chair and I was sitting at the side door feet up and reading latest forum posts. After the tea break, back to the birds and red dear. Every day we use it ,it shines a little brighter each time.

Sounds very gushy but it is a live changer. Had many vehicles over the years and never been this attached to a metal box none others come close to this one, I LOVE my JOJO.

..message ends..

What drone have you got?

Thinking of getting one myself

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

What drone have you got?

Thinking of getting one myself

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Mavic pro largely for the portability, hoping my old PlayStation skills come in to play.

Love your sentiment there Teejay, totally agree.

We've just ordered the book 'France passion 2017' ready for our first Euro tunnel trip. Heading down to Provence to climb the great Mount Ventoux three times in one day on our road bikes. ( crazy I know, it's called the cingles challenge). The book appeals to us as it stays off the more commercial sites and concentrates on staying on local producers/ farmers land in exchange you purchase a bit of produce. Win win situation plus you get a better feel for the area. Only downside is that there are no shower blocks/toilets so a portable loo system is in order which we are starting to get our heads around..

Love your sentiment there Teejay, totally agree.

We've just ordered the book 'France passion 2017' ready for our first Euro tunnel trip. Heading down to Provence to climb the great Mount Ventoux three times in one day on our road bikes. ( crazy I know, it's called the cingles challenge). The book appeals to us as it stays off the more commercial sites and concentrates on staying on local producers/ farmers land in exchange you purchase a bit of produce. Win win situation plus you get a better feel for the area. Only downside is that there are no shower blocks/toilets so a portable loo system is in order which we are starting to get our heads around..

I used to ride a lot when I was younger, used to regularly ride 50-100 miles a few times a week. Best ever was 100 miles with an average of around 16 mph. I was quite fit. Seriously thinking of getting a new mountain bike. Would love to get back into it and ride some of the tour stages but would be on a comfy bike :)

Picked up our new Cali last week and drove it to Wales for Easter for its first long road trip from Northumberland. Packed it up with two road bikes in canvas bags plus luggage for three people and it was still screaming ' is that it'. Adaptive cruise control is so cool, so much better than standard cruise control which I never really used in my last car.

After our first nights sleep I couldn't believe how amazing this car is, the little spot lights, parking heater, upstairs bed, total black out blinds, fridge, cooker- man, it's got it all, you can literally go anywhere in it. I'm utterly gob smacked. After many months of thinking OMG are we doing the right thing, reading threads about roof corrosion and wondering if we're going to enjoy the whole campervan thing. The answe is a big fat YES.

We've now officially begun our new chapter..Love it.

Cheers, R&M
That is brilliant and echo,s exactly how my wife and I felt had ours 4 months now and the feeling hasn't gone away.We are up in County Durham so we may bump into each other sometime.Happy Camping

Teejay.
I hope whoever sold you your Mavic gave you a copy of the Dronecode. It's important that all we all adhere to it otherwise as more and more peole use them there will be a clampdown on all use.
Hope this helps, a few useful websites if you haven't already seen them.
http://dronesafe.uk/drone-code/
This one goes onto a mobile and is really good. Shows where it is prohibited etc
http://dronesafe.uk/
and the CAA site
http://www.caa.co.uk/Consumers/Model-aircraft-and-drones/Flying-drones/
It's also useful to have third party insurance, got mine through FPV UK. Cant rmember exactly how much but it's cheap.
http://www.fpvuk.org/
Another tip a user gave me it to put your name and mobile no/email on the unit. Put mine on the Mavic on the bottom of the battery compartment. If it goes off by itself then at least there's a chance of getting it back.

Last edited:
Back