Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ominia Stovetop Oven

rcsb

rcsb

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I am thinking of getting one of these for our February trip to Spain (crossing from Portsmouth to Bilbao and then heading for the sun). I am looking for advice from anyone who has bought and used one, or anyone who bought one and did not use it.

Did you find it easy to use and clean? Does it fit on the hob (I have a 2015 SE), is it easy to store? What did you make with it? Does it use a lot of gas?

Many thanks.

Rick

We have one. It works well. I haven’t used it to bake any cakes but it works well for roasting a few vegetables or heating up pastries or bits of quiche. Main thing to be careful of is not to let stuff ff touch the side as it burns / sticks.

We have one. It works well. I haven’t used it to bake any cakes but it works well for roasting a few vegetables or heating up pastries or bits of quiche. Main thing to be careful of is not to let stuff ff touch the side as it burns / sticks.
thanks

I love our Omnia. Got to be honest, haven't made any fancy dishes with it just yet, but....we always take it along. Why? Because you can buy part baked bread rolls or baguettes anywhere and they are a life saver both for breakfast or dinner, if it turns out there's no fresh bread to be had near the camp site. We always keep a few packs of part baked bread in a cupboard now.
happy_omnia.jpg

Also, if you do buy one, buy the silicon inlay also. It prevents stuff from getting burned when touching the edges and makes it supereasy to clean afterwards. I went all out and added a cooking thermomether, just drill a hole and add it. Just in case at some point I do plan to make fancy dishes :) It's an oven for your cali! See a youtube movie here, of how to do it (not my movie btw):

Also, if you do buy one, buy the silicon inlay also. It prevents stuff from getting burned when touching the edges and makes it supereasy to clean afterwards. I went all out and added a cooking thermomether, just drill a hole and add it. Just in case at some point I do plan to make fancy dishes :) It's an oven for your cali! See a youtube movie here, of how to do it (not my movie btw):

Thanks, will order one soon - but not sure about drilling a hole in it just yet!

Rick

Thanks, will order one soon - but not sure about drilling a hole in it just yet!

Rick
We've been considering one of these. Best price we've found is £39.99 which seems reasonable but the silicone tray is an additional £23 which seems excessive.

Yeah, in the Netherlands there's sometimes a package-deal to be had. We bought the Omnia oven, the grate and the silicon inlay together for 60 pounds. Quite a bit I agree, but imho well worth it when you're eating freshly baked bread in a spot where otherwise you'd go hungry ;-)

Apologies, yes I do have one and we have used it to bake bread a few times. Recommend the silicon insert as it can burn the bread on the edges without.

I don't use it as often as I thought we would but you can also use it for everything from Lasagne to roast chicken (pieces).

We do a great roast veg with salmon in ours too, that we cooked at home but can now cook on the move.

Bought one and tried making a calzone pizza first day while out on the ice road, quick and easy with ready-made dough! Kids liked it.

Yesterday night I tried to make roasted veggies (carrots, potatoes), later on added in some peppers and halloumi cheese, turned out great but took a good while and the edges burned easily so I will get the insert as recommended.
Takes up quite some space in the cupboards.

I am thinking of getting one of these for our February trip to Spain (crossing from Portsmouth to Bilbao and then heading for the sun). I am looking for advice from anyone who has bought and used one, or anyone who bought one and did not use it.

Did you find it easy to use and clean? Does it fit on the hob (I have a 2015 SE), is it easy to store? What did you make with it? Does it use a lot of gas?

Many thanks.

Rick
This sounds like a nice bit of kit. Does anyone know whether you could cook (small) baked potatoes in them ?

Hmm I like the look of one of these, Another gadget on the wish list

Just remember to also buy the silicone insert and the grate. The insert makes cleaning a 2-seconds job and prevents the food from burning at the edges and the grate makes it easier to make bread(roles) for breakfast. Seriously, if you never use the omnia for anything else then (prebaked) bread(roles) it's still worth the investment.