Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

On-the-beach South West Campsites

Roc1

Roc1

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Starting to look for a nice site near a beach Devon/Cornwall/Dorset way, that is importantly non-regimented and allows camp fires. Does such a place exist?

If not on the beach then def open to looking at other inland options.

Cool Camping comes up with a few suggestions but good to hear first hand reviews from fellow Cali owners!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi Roc

Here’s a thread

Also U.K. campsite website, you can use the filter to sort your priorities

Good luck, keep us updated on any you chose to visit

There are a few in Croyde Devon , right next to the beach (over a minor road)
Great surf, RNLI guarded beach, plenty to see and do locally.
Not sure about camp fires, camp fire is usually defined by “ a fire on the ground”, not many sites allow that, you can get around that issue by using your BBQ, (lifted off the ground, I.e. on its legs, as a fire pit, we always do this unless BBQ are banned, in which case it’s irrelevant. We cook our evening meal, after we remove the grate, load up BBQ with well seasoned wood ( properly dry wood), none of the rubbish sold at garages, that will just smokes out the campsite, or use lump wood charcoal.
You then have your camp fire for toasting marshmallows, warmth and ambiance
:cheers

Hi Roc

Here’s a thread

Not sure about camp fires, camp fire is usually defined by “ a fire on the ground”, not many sites allow that, you can get around that issue by using your BBQ, (lifted off the ground, I.e. on its legs, as a fire pit, we always do this unless BBQ are banned, in which case it’s irrelevant. We cook our evening meal, after we remove the grate, load up BBQ with well seasoned wood ( properly dry wood), none of the rubbish sold at garages, that will just smokes out the campsite, or use lump wood charcoal.
My mate who’s a solid fuel engineer has a little device that he uses to test how seasoned his wood is that he burns. He swears by it

My mate who’s a solid fuel engineer has a little device that he uses to test how seasoned his wood is that he burns. He swears by it
I have a unique tool, it called my eyes :Iamsorry

Starting to look for a nice site near a beach Devon/Cornwall/Dorset way, that is importantly non-regimented and allows camp fires. Does such a place exist?

If not on the beach then def open to looking at other inland options.

Cool Camping comes up with a few suggestions but good to hear first hand reviews from fellow Cali owners!

Thanks for any suggestions.
After some of the pictures published today, I think I’ll be avoiding any popular beaches.

CEA44305-5B02-45CE-8525-3BC37BBAC62A.jpeg

Hi Roc

Here’s a thread

Thanks I'll do some reading of the above links!