Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Once upon a time.

Hi all, came upon this van, hope you can throw some light upon it, or find it of interest.View attachment 68804View attachment 68805View attachment 68806View attachment 68807
Hi @Laidback , not sure about your question. That is a T2. From the looks of it, the owner seems to have made quite some changes to the drive train, but the shell is pretty original, including that roof rack.

Some of the T2s don't have the roll bed, instead have a U shaped seating area ... or some just normal seats, I suspect that is why the owner has put the roof top tent ... to get some sleep when travelling.

Love the classic buses.

Lovely van but I know which one Id rather sleep & drive!

Hi @Laidback , not sure about your question. That is a T2. From the looks of it, the owner seems to have made quite some changes to the drive train, but the shell is pretty original, including that roof rack.

Some of the T2s don't have the roll bed, instead have a U shaped seating area ... or some just normal seats, I suspect that is why the owner has put the roof top tent ... to get some sleep when travelling.

Love the classic buses.
Thanks for info, van looked as if was well cared for by its owner. The low profile tyres on the front intrigued me, and also the built on step to get into the van, very cool.

Thanks for info, van looked as if was well cared for by its owner. The low profile tyres on the front intrigued me, and also the built on step to get into the van, very cool.

Definitely well maintained. Though, those look like foreign plates ... defo not UK reg. Anyone, any ideas on the plates?

Definitely well maintained. Though, those look like foreign plates ... defo not UK reg. Anyone, any ideas on the plates?
Hi Kurienp, the van was photographed in Brittany, France, and the plates would indicate that it is dept.29. Was hoping that the owner might be lurking on here somewhere;)

Hi Kurienp, the van was photographed in Brittany, France, and the plates would indicate that it is dept.29. Was hoping that the owner might be lurking on here somewhere;)

Ah! OK. Very unlikely on here though. There are very very few people on here - I think just two or three that I am aware of, who have the early buses along with their T5s or T6s

They will most likely be on a T1/2 specific forum. Wim, a member on here has a site where he has documented a lot of information on T1/2's - see here - https://wimkoelman.wordpress.com/vertalingen/english/ - you will need a lifetime to read through all those links, but some great information and great examples. :thumb

Ah! OK. Very unlikely on here though. There are very very few people on here - I think just two or three that I am aware of, who have the early buses along with their T5s or T6s

They will most likely be on a T1/2 specific forum. Wim, a member on here has a site where he has documented a lot of information on T1/2's - see here - https://wimkoelman.wordpress.com/vertalingen/english/ - you will need a lifetime to read through all those links, but some great information and great examples. :thumb
Thanks Kurienp, as you say much to take in, will digest when time permits, thanks for taking the time to find this.

Nice van but prefer standard height suspension, I can’t see the point of that slamming :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Back