Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

One final interior lighting question Ocean 6.1

Renaissance-Man

Renaissance-Man

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi all,
Still have my Cali stuck at the dealers as they try and work out whether the interior lights are working as they should - frustrating! They seem to know less than me!

Can anyone tell me whether when they press the first button in front of the mirror closest to the driver's seat - the one with a picture of the vehicle with the doors open - whether the rear lights stop coming on when the door is opened? This button isolates the front lights on my van, but not the rear.

I have a. courtesy T6.1 Caravelle from the dealer and the above button when pressed ensures no lights come on in the vehicle when a door is opened. Should this be the same on the Ocean?

Thanks in advance!

Can anyone tell me whether when they press the first button in front of the mirror closest to the driver's seat - the one with a picture of the vehicle with the doors open - whether the rear lights stop coming on when the door is opened? This button isolates the front lights on my van, but not the rear.
That is exactly how mine works, T6.1 199 Ocean. as well.
Its not opening the door though thats turning the lights on, its unlocking the van.

Having said that, I'm sure there is a way of stopping them coming on, have you tried turning the individual lights off when they are on & seeing if they stay off next time?

Having said that, I'm sure there is a way of stopping them coming on, have you tried turning the individual lights off when they are on & seeing if they stay off next time?
I am going to collect my Cali today from the dealer. It has been in three times for interior light issues and I have only owned it since the end of November. Part of the problem is that (in my limited experience) some of the commercial dealer network don't understand the intricacies of the California's when 99% of their business is panel vans and other commercials.
I think I shall have a play and get to the bottom of it myself (and with forum help).

Hi all,
Still have my Cali stuck at the dealers as they try and work out whether the interior lights are working as they should - frustrating! They seem to know less than me!

I have a. courtesy T6.1 Caravelle from the dealer and the above button when pressed ensures no lights come on in the vehicle when a door is opened. Should this be the same on the Ocean?

Thanks in advance!
there is only 2 ways to stop the lights from coming on. put it in camping mode when you leave the van with lights all off. when you return and open they should not come on.

there is only 2 ways to stop the lights from coming on. put it in camping mode when you leave the van with lights all off. when you return and open they should not come on.
Thanks for that. Would be helpful if the dealers knew that too!

Aaah the t6 was so simple. Press the switch and they come on. Press it again and they go off. Brilliant simple design ruined

whether the rear lights stop coming on when the door is opened?

It is as simple as Flying Banana says when you know how.
Make sure your ‘rear’ button on the cab ceiling is pressed in (off) because if it’s ‘on’ you can’t switch the lights off in the back.
If you want rear lights to come on when you open a door, go into Camping on control panel and tick on ‘Living area light when opening’

CC likes to use 10 words when 1 will do - this shouldn’t need 12 minutes!

It is as simple as Flying Banana says when you know how.
Make sure your ‘rear’ button on the cab ceiling is pressed in (off) because if it’s ‘on’ you can’t switch the lights off in the back.
If you want rear lights to come on when you open a door, go into Camping on control panel and tick on ‘Living area light when opening’
That still doesn't explain how you can stop the rear lights coming on when in "car" mode. The minute you start the engine camping mode is disabled.

Coming from a T5.1 which had zilch in the way of lights coming on in the rear when the doors were opened I actually like the way it all lights up.

Thats one way, what's the 2nd?

Thanks for the input all. Cali back from dealer. The original lights problem - where the ab lights were not working - was caused by a 'kink' in the wire meaning said wire needed replacing. It had left the factory like that. The rest of the confusion was because the dealer doesn't understand the Cali.

Back