Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

One man , a Cali and a sewing machine...

H

Hotel California

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
IMG_5313.JPG

I have been thinking to make some bags to put stuff in that did not came in a bag from new .
Thru work i got my hands on some unused bags from partytents , easyflags,...witch i wanted to transform to put my side front window vents in and i would like a bag for my nice VW-logo awningmat i got from Moroccan matting .

We have a sewingmachine from my mother and i wanted to try it out...
Usual if someting needs to be sewed i ask my mother to do so but as this was sort of experment i wanted to go for it myself.

Took a long bag that used to hold flagpoles and cutted away the handles , cut the bag it in half but saved the zipper so i could re-use it to make the new end to the cutted side to be opend/closed.
IMG_5309.JPG

IMG_5310.JPG
Nice ...ain't...?
IMG_5311.JPG

And for the awning mat i took two bags who had good dimensions exept they where not long enough . So cut the top of one and the botton of a other and sewed them to one...
IMG_5312.JPG

IMG_5314.JPG

Yet again some stuff that will go in the booth nice and tidy , and if things are wet or the ground sheet is dirty i can just trow it in the booth with no worries...
IMG_5317.JPG

Not to bad for one who never did this ....and i still got all my fingers!

Top work fella - I'd like to be able to use a sewing machine properly (and, and, and ...)

View attachment 22170

I have been thinking to make some bags to put stuff in that did not came in a bag from new .
Thru work i got my hands on some unused bags from partytents , easyflags,...witch i wanted to transform to put my side front window vents in and i would like a bag for my nice VW-logo awningmat i got from Moroccan matting .

We have a sewingmachine from my mother and i wanted to try it out...
Usual if someting needs to be sewed i ask my mother to do so but as this was sort of experment i wanted to go for it myself.

Took a long bag that used to hold flagpoles and cutted away the handles , cut the bag it in half but saved the zipper so i could re-use it to make the new end to the cutted side to be opend/closed.
View attachment 22171

View attachment 22172
Nice ...ain't...?
View attachment 22173

And for the awning mat i took two bags who had good dimensions exept they where not long enough . So cut the top of one and the botton of a other and sewed them to one...
View attachment 22174

View attachment 22175

Yet again some stuff that will go in the booth nice and tidy , and if things are wet or the ground sheet is dirty i can just trow it in the booth with no worries...
View attachment 22176

Not to bad for one who never did this ....and i still got all my fingers!

Well done @hotel california !!!!

I have a sewing machine but am terrified of it - memories of making garments at school have scarred me for life.

Excellent work.

Can you make a topper for @2into1? :D

img_5311-jpg.22173
Perfect - just what I need.

I stow them down the side of the multiflex, but I'm not happy with that as they are used frequently and not easy to deploy with the boot full.

Watch the orders come in now. You could be a busy man. :Nailbiting

I bought a sewing machine thinking I would start making clothes again - hadn't made any since school days. I rapidly discovered that I am COMPLETELY rubbish at sewing clothes. However, I'm running up bags for all sorts of things in the van with a cheap bit of fabric bought from Ikea and found some lovely fabric for tablecloths and bunting ... so long as it's straight lines and nothing fancy, I'm pretty good! My finishing leaves a little to be desired sometimes, but who cares - bags for tent pegs and lights etc don't matter that much!

Back