Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

One more question about Eberspächer B2L.

D

doktorinternet

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hello friends, I'm new here and now it's my turn to ask about the Eberspächer B2L.

I have the "Blower runs approx. 5 seconds after switching on. Pump ticks after approx. 30 secs. Automatic cutout after approx. 3 mins"-error.

This is the guide suggesting it could be the "Glow ignition plug" that's faulty: https://www.butlertechnik.com/downloads/Eberspacher_B2L-D2L_Troubleshooting_manual.pdf

I took the glow plug out and it works like this, don't know if this is how it should be behaving?:

Would be happy if you guys could share som of your expertise on the subject.

Hello and welcome.

Watching your video makes me think the glow plug works fine however as your heater is the benzine (?) version the Butler Technik document suggests it could be worth checking the HT cable and spark generator as I think it needs to create a spark as well for the heater to work correctly. There are a couple of other possible faults the document references that it could be too - is the fuel pump actually getting fuel to the heater? It could be working but if the filter or pipe work is blocked the heater start up cycle will fail.

Good luck and Keep us posted on your progress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you!

The plug is as you can see glowing, but i guess it's also supposed to make sparks?

I can smell gasoline when I'm running the heater and my next step is to take the fuel line of the pump to see if it pumps fuel. Will report back!

Do you know where the filter is located?

Thank you!

The plug is as you can see glowing, but i guess it's also supposed to make sparks?

I can smell gasoline when I'm running the heater and my next step is to take the fuel line of the pump to see if it pumps fuel. Will report back!

Do you know where the filter is located?

Sounds like there is fuel somewhere. I believe the filter is integrated into the pump rather than the usual filter you find in a fuel line. You could test whether fuel is passing through filter by removing the fuel line at the pump and activating the heater. It will pulse rather than flow. Isolate the glow plug though you don’t want that near any fuel that’s flying about under your camper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like there is fuel somewhere. I believe the filter is integrated into the pump rather than the usual filter you find in a fuel line. You could test whether fuel is passing through filter by removing the fuel line at the pump and activating the heater. It will pulse rather than flow. Isolate the glow plug though you don’t want that near any fuel that’s flying about under your camper.

I tried this and I just got tiny random squirts of gasoline, it seems like it doesn't get enough fuel trough the pump, I took the pump apart and the filter looks clean.

Any suggestions?

Next step is to connect the pump straight into the battery and put some kind of fluid into it like in the video above, to see if it I can get it to give the right amount of squirt(?).

Sorry, english is not my first language.

I tried this and I just got tiny random squirts of gasoline, it seems like it doesn't get enough fuel trough the pump, I took the pump apart and the filter looks clean.

Any suggestions?

This sounds about right. Whether those random tiny squirts are enough can only be determined by measuring them. You should be able to find a document on the internet somewhere with what amount should be pumped for the heater to operate correctly. It’s difficult to say for sure whether the pump is the issue as it is at least sending some fuel to the heater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back