Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
One of the first if not the first ?
EDIT the 300 version ?

The 200 version

I’ve been driving this electric Nissan for over 2 years. Mileage not bad, around 65 miles on a full charge...!!!
The batteries getting a bit knackered now and it’s winter, lucky to see 50 miles on a full charge.

I believe the newer models have a bigger battery. One of the contractors runs the latest one and he gets about 150miles on a good day.

Electric campervans...???
Way off.

On the plus side.
I’ve not had a single issue. Nothing has broken...

Not for me but I can see it would suit some people. Too small and the interior all looks a bit DIY to me. The range of 124 to 187 miles is a showstopper.

Agree that it’s smal inside , litlle range , not all that nice interieur ,...
but it’s a good start to trigger other brands to bring on competition.

I’ve been driving this electric Nissan for over 2 years. Mileage not bad, around 65 miles on a full charge...!!!
The batteries getting a bit knackered now and it’s winter, lucky to see 50 miles on a full charge.

I believe the newer models have a bigger battery. One of the contractors runs the latest one and he gets about 150miles on a good day.

Electric campervans...???
Way off.

On the plus side.
I’ve not had a single issue. Nothing has broken...
If a Tesla can cover 400 miles, you’d think with the same technology a van could too, after all it has a bigger footprint to accommodate more batteries to propel more mass?

If a Tesla can cover 400 miles, you’d think with the same technology a van could too, after all it has a bigger footprint to accommodate more batteries to propel more mass?

More batteries, more weight...

If you want to debate other EV please do so in other threads .
Other than those who where sleeping in a cave the last few years , we all know that there are EV with wider range .

If you want to debate other EV please do so in other threads .
Other than those who where sleeping in a cave the last few years , we all know that there are EV with wider range .
Just wondered why the Nissans range is so small

@66tim99 , post #3 gives a view from a likewise owner .
Maybe they simply can‘t fit more batteries in the floor seeing the rather small van the Nissan looks like to be ?
As Shaun from ABAB says they sort of looking at it as a daytrip-van ?
A larger chassis can hold more batteries.

downstaires bed looks very tight also!

This also brings on the debate on how campsites will respond to E-campers and pitches with charging points .

Also nice to see this allows the use of heavyer electric divices such as coffeemachines ect...
Never thought of this beeing a ad on in a E-Camper.

One of the first if not the first ?

For clarity's sake, the first video is not an eNV-200, it's the next larger NV-300, that shares a base with the Fiat Talento, Opel Vivaro and Renault Trafic.

For clarity's sake, the first video is not an eNV-200, it's the next larger NV-300, that shares a base with the Fiat Talento, Opel Vivaro and Renault Trafic.

Compare nose, B pillar, tail lights and size.

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 11.37.41 PM.png

Last edited:
The animation in the first video is impressive and/ or strange.

The van layout looks not dissimilar to a Cali and the rear cabinets look T4-esque

I have searched the web for info’ on a Nissan e-NV300 camper with zero results.

I have searched the web for info’ on a Nissan e-NV300 camper with zero results.

The video says it's a Nissan factory produced NV-300 camper. Now looking to see if anybody says there is an electric version.

From what I can tell there is currently no electric version. Bram Technologies, the Spanish company that does the conversion, also converts the NV-200 into a camper, in both combustion and electric versions. There has been a confusion of the two models.

I wonder how the night heater would work without hookup?. Electric heaters use alot of power. Maybe gas? Boil a kettle? Gas? Not all electric then are they. Still fossil fuel.

Ummmm....nah

I'll trade my fossil fuel guzzler for a hydrogen powered campervan

I wonder how the night heater would work without hookup?. Electric heaters use alot of power. Maybe gas? Boil a kettle? Gas? Not all electric then are they. Still fossil fuel.
7:54 of the 2nd (eNV-200) video, it's fitted with 4 105 amp lithium leisure batteries.

@clarinetbcn , it’s a youtube video ....that should be the answer to your Q of where i got it.
It says it is a 200 version so thats why i posted it allong with the other video from ABAB wich i saw at first on theire channel .
Looking at them again after a good night sleep there is indeed a difference .

There’s a brilliant screen heater on my NV200E.
Clears the screen on a frost day in no time...

Im sure you could run an electric night heater easily and it would be fantastic.
Unfortunately, you wouldn’t be driving very far in the morning...

7:54 of the 2nd (eNV-200) video, it's fitted with 4 105 amp lithium leisure batteries.
i didn't initialy watch the 2nd video as i thought it was about babies. anyway 10 minutes in it shows an electric fan heater, and thats it. without hook up that will be sh1te. i reckon the best option will be to buy one of the last diesels in 2030 and hope it will see you out.

Last edited:
I know somebody who has an NV200 camper conversion and their heater is gas powered, via a fixed cylinder.

Been watching a programme called Vintage Voltage recently. All very interesting as they have done an MG Midget so we thought seems a good idea until they revealed the price circa £40k. How the hell they can justify that beats me. Many years ago a mate and myself looked at fitting an electric motor to a MIni.. Never got round to it but it would be a simple job to stick the motor on top of the gearbox with a chain drive down to the input shaft. Probably battery technology would been the problem at the time.

Less than 200 miles autonomy, I wonder who would buy such a van.
I thought there was a future for natural gas powered vans: less pollution and possibility to use same gas bottle for kitchen and heating.

Back