Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

opening pop-up roof

diny

diny

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Prior to opening roof for first time I have consulted the instruction booklet. To open, the fourth point says "Push up the bed panel to increase the standing height". This is before the instructions for opening.
I thought that you push up this panel after the roof has been raised, to give standing room? How can you push it up if the roof is still closed?

I'm totally confused.

• open window
  • turn on ignition some run engine we do not
  • push back roof hatch above your head
  • turn on control panel and select open press
  • when open push up bed
  • turn off ignition
  • turn on gas and have a cuppa tea
this is how I do it

• open window
  • when open push up bed
  • turn off ignition
this is how I do it

I'm sure it's as simple as that, and I should stop stressing about weird instructions in booklet!

Prior to opening roof for first time I have consulted the instruction booklet. To open, the fourth point says "Push up the bed panel to increase the standing height". This is before the instructions for opening.
I thought that you push up this panel after the roof has been raised, to give standing room? How can you push it up if the roof is still closed?

I'm totally confused.

Does the book realy says that...?:Nailbiting
Didn't even see that!

From our first trip away I've learnt to remember to drop the bed before lowering the roof

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I did not read the book of words, my mate had one before me and he showed me then its learn as you go :thumb

• open window
  • when open push up bed
  • turn off ignition
this is how I do it
Perfect! :)

turn on ignition some run engine we do not

I do, since I forgot to turn OFF the ignition after lowering the roof at last year's Lower Lode meet.

Got routine now - do everything else, start engine, lower roof, drive away. (SE - I believe the Beach roof is different)

Back