Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Optional power supply box (Electrical interface for external use)

burnercan

burnercan

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
One of the options that found it's way into our order was "Boîtier de branchement pour alimentation électrique sous le siège conducteur" or as google I think quite accurately translates "Power supply box under the driver's seat". Our dealer was unable to convincingly explain exactly what this was for. So for 80 bucks, I figured why not?? Couldn't hurt to have some extra power supply options for that price.

When I asked about it at the handover, he partially swivelled the left front seat and vaguely pointed to the area (where I understand that the leisure battery lives) and he was still unable to show it to me or explain it. Enter the CaliClub of knowledge!

The nearest option I found on the VW UK config site is: Electrical interface for external use (terminal block in driver´s seat) It may well be under the left seat, not necessarily the driver's seat. Anyone know what this might be, where it might live, or what I might use it for...?

One of the options that found it's way into our order was "Boîtier de branchement pour alimentation électrique sous le siège conducteur" or as google I think quite accurately translates "Power supply box under the driver's seat". Our dealer was unable to convincingly explain exactly what this was for. So for 80 bucks, I figured why not?? Couldn't hurt to have some extra power supply options for that price.

When I asked about it at the handover, he partially swivelled the left front seat and vaguely pointed to the area (where I understand that the leisure battery lives) and he was still unable to show it to me or explain it. Enter the CaliClub of knowledge!

The nearest option I found on the VW UK config site is: Electrical interface for external use (terminal block in driver´s seat) It may well be under the left seat, not necessarily the driver's seat. Anyone know what this might be, where it might live, or what I might use it for...?

Your dealer was right . It is just extra terminal block for easier connecting of external equipment. Not easy to recognize under left seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your dealer was right . It is just extra terminal block for easier connecting of external equipment. Not easy to recognize under left seat.

Thanks for that :thumb. I did see that there was a fairly serious fuse panel under the seat. I'll have a look later on to see if I can identify this terminal block.

Does anyone know where wiring diagrams for the optional equipment can be found?

I was told it’s a carry over from the basic van and is intended for roof mounted flashing amber lights, motor way maintenance style.

Whatever!

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
I was told it’s a carry over from the basic van and is intended for roof mounted flashing amber lights, motor way maintenance style.

Whatever!

Maybe a good place to hardwire the ice maker and disco ball ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever!
You've not been speccing up a T6 have you @sidepod? #Traitor?

I was also told it was for ancillary equipment - actually wish I'd specced one it would have made wiring in the inverter to charge my e-bike battery a bit easier.

Wonder if it also could make wiring solar in a bit easier - guess it would depend on it being always on as opposed to switched with the ignition.

If your a converter it allows access to various circuits, if you fit say a chiller for a delivery van it can suspend start stop etc. Ive got the wiring diagrams if you want them. As @sidepod says, police lights, 2 way radio etc

Yes in the main wiring catalogue section 87-88-89 depending on engine option.
Its located under the Drivers seat RHD or passenger LHD. (see attached locations pdf)

Attachments

• control-units-middle-p1-10.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 37
  • Circuit_Diagrams_Special_equipment.pdf
    630.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Its located under the Drivers seat. (see attached locations pdf)

I've been going over that locations diagram and can't seem to spot the unit in question. From the wiring diagram, I think I'm looking for the J519 "Onboard supply control unit", correct? I can't see anything resembling that description on the fitting locations. Am I missing something?

I’d assume this is an Ignition Live, meaning that this terminal is live only when the ignition is on.

Strangely this type of terminal is missing from the California, certainly missing from the T5.

These types of terminals can run dash cams for example. Or signal other equipment when to turn on/off such as car audio amplifiers.

I’m just guessing though.

I've been going over that locations diagram and can't seem to spot the unit in question. From the wiring diagram, I think I'm looking for the J519 "Onboard supply control unit", correct? I can't see anything resembling that description on the fitting locations. Am I missing something?
It is basically a set of extended connections that are extended from the Body Control unit behind the dash to a some extra plugs under the seat.
There are also additional fuses in fuse carrier SD.
Under the seat you should see additional connectors that have nothing attached.
Using the circuit diagram you can select the feed that is useful for your application etc.
The plugs are described as;
10 pin connector yellow, under drivers seat
32 pin connector blue
41 pin connector grey
etc..

I was also told the it was for external equipment like a wheelchair lift for example.

Back