Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Options missing

S

Shawn Barnes

Hi
We were supposed to be collecting our brand new T6 Beach on Friday but when we arrived we found that parking sensors, MFSW and parking heater options were missing. The dealer is blaming the factory and the VWCS are blaming the dealer. Anyway, we have left the van at the dealer for the weekend whilst they decide how to resolve this, we are obviously very cross and upset by this as we had so much planned for the spring and summer and they said if we reorder it will not be until October than our van with correct spec will arrive.

Thanks

Shawn & Andrea

Hi
We were supposed to be collecting our brand new T6 Beach on Friday but when we arrived we found that parking sensors, MFSW and parking heater options were missing. The dealer is blaming the factory and the VWCS are blaming the dealer. Anyway, we have left the van at the dealer for the weekend whilst they decide how to resolve this, we are obviously very cross and upset by this as we had so much planned for the spring and summer and they said if we reorder it will not be until October than our van with correct spec will arrive.

Thanks

Shawn & Andrea
OMG - another one!!!

That's at least three of us in the past 3 weeks.

I know the parking sensors can be retrofitted but I don't know about the MFSW and parking heater.

Read the other threads about others in this position. I think it is unlikely that the factory built it wrongly - almost certainly a dealer mistake in configuration.

I think it may be time for the club to make a representation to VW about their flawed ordering processes. This is happening all too often.

My Cali is going in to get the parking sensors retrofitted tomorrow but I still haven't come to agreement with the dealer about compensation.

Dave

I don't know why there is a sudden rash. Probably something to do with the muddled, brochure-less, configurator-less launch of the T6.

It must be sickening to wait for so long with so much excitement only to then have something turn up that was not what was ordered. It will get resolved, eventually, but what a sickener. A much anticipated event and to be let down like that.

Shawn and Andrea, that's rubbish really feel for you. What dealer was it? I hope it gets resolved.

Hi

Thanks

Shawn & Andrea

So disappointing for you after so much planning & excitement.
Have you read the thread " Gutted ....what to do " ? In the Buying a VW California section.
You may find some helpful advice .

Feel for you. Still waiting to resolve my issue. As suggested there is some helpful advice in "gutted thread" I will post any updates on my situation as and when. I do wonder if the whole order process is somewhat flawed.
Hope everything works out for you

So disappointing for you after so much planning & excitement.
Have you read the thread " Gutted ....what to do " ? In the Buying a VW California section.
You may find some helpful advice .
As calimera says, read that other thread and I think you'll find the best advice is that you insist that the dealer re-orders you a new Cali with the right spec and you keep the van delivered with wrong spec as a courtesy car until the correct vehicle arrives. I'm pretty sure they should chuck some extras at you for free too.
In the end it might not be so bad. You get a 66 plate after a summer of depreciation free camper van fun.

Hello Shawn & Andrea, DM and Anage,
We are waiting for our new Cali to be built ( possibly this week) so we can understand how disappointed and frustrated you must feel when yours have arrived without the correct specifications.
We hope you get these issues resolved to your satisfaction soon. Thanks for sharing your bad news on the forum. As a result of your posts I am going to contact our dealer this week to try and ensure we are not also reporting the same problem on this forum in a few weeks time

I just cannot believe VW can get things so wrong. Although with corroding front panel and roof, emissions, leaking roof bellows on T6's, etc, etc.????????

John

Hi

Thanks

Shawn & Andrea

How are things going ?

Hi, I have posted on other threads on this subject As I had a similar problem, the original problem stemmed from the option list being changed by VW whilst the dealer option configurator remained the same, in my case the MFSW was removed from the list between order and build week, VW admitted responsibility in the end, as I said to Anage, contact everyone, make a noise, if you can get hold of the claim handlers name at VW and go direct as your dealer has probably logged the claim with them, it worked for me, good luck.

Having been previously apprehensive about picking up SusiBusT6, I've now entered a new frame of mind and I am quite looking forward to finding it has discrepancies from the vehicle that we have ordered.

I shall take delivery of it as a loan vehicle and insist that a new replacement vehicle, to the exact specification that I ordered in the first place is reordered. When we come to the end of the five or six months wait when it will be anticipated to arrive, (after which I will have put considerable mileage on the loan vehicle), I will put the answer phone on at home and not respond to messages from VW, I shall check my emails infrequently, likewise not responding to any from VW and just pretend I am VWCS. Then try to retain possession for as long as possible while putting on as many miles as possible, giving me a nice warm inner glow that I'm not a loser, they are!

I hope it comes in orange or yellow by mistake, because I would never be brave enough to order one, having gone for the safe option of Grey.

If it turns out to be orange what shall I call it? “Clockwork”, perhaps I'm getting a little bit ahead of myself.

I'm only joking, please build it be right VW, please, please!

for me the parking heater omission is a total deal breaker - please be assured it is such a vital bit of kit and to retro fit, it will always be a compromise - my Beach arrived with the incorrect internal upholstery colour and from the steady complaints on the forum there seem to be too many errors. you can negotiate around some things but the parking heater for me is a def rejection.

for me the parking heater omission is a total deal breaker - please be assured it is such a vital bit of kit and to retro fit, it will always be a compromise - my Beach arrived with the incorrect internal upholstery colour and from the steady complaints on the forum there seem to be too many errors. you can negotiate around some things but the parking heater for me is a def rejection.
So that's another one. I am going to start a new thread specifically to gather information about build errors in one place,

Totally agree. The heater is something that turns it from a posh van into a home from home.
Home is where the heat is!

Guys,
I know it's a bummer just now, but
don't settle for a van that you didn't order that's what demonstrators are for, stick to your guns and get the van you dreamt of having.
Hope it gets sorted out soon.