Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Orange light in the shape of engine came on.

john mar

john mar

Basil
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
What I need please, is someone to confirm this for me. I drove TX4 for a long time and other cabs for 33 years.

When the orange came on .

I would ignore it .Every time you restarted the vehicle the engine management would try and reset itself. So after several starts the light would go off.

The vehicle would drive normaly whilst this was all going on.

The question I have is it the same for the Cali. Today it came on and after a few starts went off?

We have a VW Cali ocean auto.2019 .2550 miles

I read the manual .

Just drop into any VW van centre tell them it has happened let them check it out.

Thanks.. I was just trying to avoid going to dealer.I will look up Carista.will it turn the light off next time..

Thanks.. I was just trying to avoid going to dealer.I will look up Carista.will it turn the light off next time..
Why would you not want to get it checked out on a new van. Its under warranty of which they do not need many excuses to not honour. If there's a more serious issue and you ignore it then it goes boobs up, 1 you will need recovering then maybe 2 they plug it in the van grasses you up and you have to pay for a new engine in the extremes. Just saying.

We had this on a hire van last year, called out VW assist to check it out, you can arrange to come out at your convenience, we were on the Isle of Lewis !.......No cost to you on a new van.

The orange light will come on if the Regen has not been allowed to be completed on several occasions, low miles, short journeys? Insufficient to allow full Regen cycle ?
Is your fuel tank greater than 1/4 full - Regen will not happen below 1/4 tank of fuel ?

Once the Regen has been allowed to complete its cycle the light should go off. If it does not there may be a wider issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call VW assist on 0800 777 192. That's what they are for.

They'll come out to you wherever you are and plug their computer in.

I did this on a Sunday afternoon and they were there in 45 minutes.

Thanks all I will go to VW next week and get it checked.

I currently have the MiL light on so I scanned it and it shows a Faulty Differential pressure sensor.

You need a scan to tell, the regen normally brings up the dpf warning that looks similar but has yellow dots in the symbol.

It could be adblue or a sensor failure.

Thanks . I am on the line now to VW. The Breakdown people said if its driving ok dont worry about it.

But, I am going to take everybodys advise and get the assit people out on sunday if I can .

I agree totally that the Regen light is different to the engine management light, however the engine management light is for the whole of the emissions system and incorporates the DPF amongst other sensors, if a Regen has failed on several occasions it could be the issue.

Lots of short journeys can bring up the yellow / Orange EML with no affect to the vehicle power.

Lots of other things can also bring up the EML, such as failed sensors, my suggestion was merely pointing to a potential issue with low miles and lack of full Regen cycle? particularly as 2016 vehicle with very very low miles probably isn’t doing a lot of long runs. (Barely run in)

Fault codes may show a failed sensor etc.

I do hope it turns out to be something simple.

Sorry misread 2019 vehicle , doh, dyslexia ! That will teach me to try a sneaky peak whilst at work

Everything is ok now the Cali drives beutifully..

Hi you either have a issue with your exhaust gas recirculation cooler clogging up, a dpf that has not regenerated correctly or a Nox efficiency fault all are known about and all will lead to issues if not delt with whoever told you if it’s driving ok don’t worry about it is totally incorrect and if it is down to low fuel level and dpf not regenerating then they could have cost you a fortune as this is not covered under warranty. What ever that light has come on for a reason and needs to be looked at

I agree totally that the Regen light is different to the engine management light, however the engine management light is for the whole of the emissions system and incorporates the DPF amongst other sensors, if a Regen has failed on several occasions it could be the issue.

Lots of short journeys can bring up the yellow / Orange EML with no affect to the vehicle power.

Lots of other things can also bring up the EML, such as failed sensors, my suggestion was merely pointing to a potential issue with low miles and lack of full Regen cycle? particularly as 2016 vehicle with very very low miles probably isn’t doing a lot of long runs. (Barely run in)

Fault codes may show a failed sensor etc.

I do hope it turns out to be something simple.

I recently had my California off the road for 9 months with a major electrical problem (insurance job!) - when I drove off having collected my van, within 2 miles of the garage the engine management light came on, took it back and had the fault cleared. It hasn’t come on since
Lack of usage or low mileage is you problem

I had this with mine. Egr valve but even after replacement and engine reset it wouldn’t clear. Engine needed de coke so I changed the van!!!