Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Order Date vs Delivery Date - process insights anyone

Bramco

Bramco

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi,

I've been trying without any success - like many others before me judging by previous posts - to get a handle on when I can expect delivery of my shiny new Beach.

It's not so much the fact that I'm spending a lot of money but simply disbelief that the VW systems can't give any idea to the dealer when a build will be scheduled and therefore when delivery can be expected.

We ordered in the 1st week of April (no not the 1st of...) - some time later I received a screen shot of the order with my name there and the date it went into the sales system. At the time the sales guy said according to his expectations it would be built in week 23 (1st week of June). (In my excitement and naivety I didn't ask which year).

Since then I've had screen shots of the actual configuration about a month ago when I was chasing again. This week I heard that the order had to have some process information added to it - not a clue what that means, neither did the new sales assistant, nor whether this was something that had to be done in the UK or Germany.

Apparently a screen shot of my order (why all the screen shots as well) has been sent to someone in VW UK to find out what is going on.

To cut a long story short it would be great if one of the VW folks that read these forums could write a definitive description of what happens to an order from the point that one of us customers places it, to it being entered into the UK sales system, to it being configured and then presumably being picked up by the manufacturing systems in Germany to be scheduled for the line (I'm assuming this is typically 3 to 4 weeks out from the build date). Which if the above scenario is correct means by the time we get our van we'll be on the new registration number .....

And finally if you have had a Beach delivered recently and ordered after the 1st week of April I'd love to know - then I can start getting really stroppy!!

Thanks for reading this far and any insights anyone can give.

Simon

Back