Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ordered our California this week

Hulio3387

Hulio3387

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
After a lot of research, lots of nights reading posts on this forum actually ordered now (fingers crossed). Really looking forward to getting our hands on the Cali.
Still quite baffled by the dealers attitude towards actually ordering a new vehicle, it was pretty hard work to get them to do it at all as if they don’t want to take the order and I still do not have a confirmed order form a week after paying my deposit.
I am reassured that I have used a dealership that is widely recommend on these forums. I have just never known a car/vehicle buying experience quite like it. Anybody ordered recently got a delivery date from the dealer?.

:welcome:bananadance2Welcome and congratulations.
On the question of lead times, I think it can take a while before getting a build week, but others on here can advise. I ordered a new Kombi about 3-4 weeks ago and was planning on waiting another week or two before asking the dealer on status.

There are a couple of items under discussion on here about new delivery lead times being protracted, looking like 2021 being the new expected timescale. Post Brexit uplift fears.

Perhaps their targets for August have been hit possibly trying to delay you until September...... like they do.

Perhaps their targets for August have been hit possibly trying to delay you until September...... like they do.
Who did you order it from?

Liverpool van centre.
We are in the same boat. Ordered from Liverpool van centre last week. We were told to expect a build week date within 2 weeks of ordering.

I can not get my head around this thing about an order form when I order my Mini I get an order for the same day confirming the specification etc.

Hi Hulio
I bought a new Cali Ocean yesterday from JCT Hull and I have to say the sales guy there was fabulous and very helpful, i haven't got a delivery date yet but he expects it to be late December or early Jan due to the demand.I also looked at the Merc Marco Polo through Listers and Marshall, well I should say I tried to, but they were hopeless and couldn't find one to view and as far as delivery was concerned it was go on a waiting list be to able to order one so I gave up. My wife and I do fee the VW is the better buy anyway. Good look on your order ..John

All seems to be working now lots of contact now so maybe I was just being a bit eager or anxious it’s a very big commitment.

Be good to hear about Specs / extras ordered :)

Gone for a California ocean 150 DSG, indium grey, Woodstock wheels, bike rack, wood effect flooring, extra storage pack, outdoor shower option. Comfort mat (Obvs), Art Velours seats and fully loaded sat nav Pro. Got some other things independently. Still looking for some shirt leather bolster cushions if anybody has any suggestions.

Metallic Paint
powered door for quiet operATION on camp sites, very considerate we are. Noisy sliding slamming doors annoy me.
upgraded the SatNav to Discovery Plus, WeConnect Plus App offers vehicle locating and geofencing and break in alerting me via my mobi, the salesmen wasn’t aware but they are explained on the website.
comfort mattress because it folds, easier for storing.

We have gone for Ocean 199ps with metallic paint, tow bar, upgraded Sat Nav, outdoor shower, comfort mattress, Woodstock alloys and all weather tyres and 80l fuel tank.

Still quite baffled by the dealers attitude towards actually ordering a new vehicle, it was pretty hard work to get them to do it at all as if they don’t want to take the order and I still do not have a confirmed order form a week after paying my deposit.
I am reassured that I have used a dealership that is widely recommend on these forums. I have just never known a car/vehicle buying experience quite like it. Anybody ordered recently got a delivery date from the dealer?.

I'm in the same boat. I can't believe how disinterested my dealer is. I don't expect them to fall at my feet but I expected a bit more customer service after spending over £60k with them.

I have spent big money on a new Vehicle from Audi before and they were brilliant.

Metallic Paint
powered door for quiet operATION on camp sites, very considerate we are. Noisy sliding slamming doors annoy me.
upgraded the SatNav to Discovery Plus, WeConnect Plus App offers vehicle locating and geofencing and break in alerting me via my mobi, the salesmen wasn’t aware but they are explained on the website.
comfort mattress because it folds, easier for storing.

Not sure if they've changed the powered door, but I believe it used to beep and be very loud in operation, so peoples experience was that it was worse for camping.

Hopefully VW have listening and changed it, but might be worth checking.

Woodstock Wheels seem very popular, not surprised really, great looking wheel for no extra cost!

Not sure if they've changed the powered door, but I believe it used to beep and be very loud in operation, so peoples experience was that it was worse for camping.

Hopefully VW have listening and changed it, but might be worth checking.

Stumbled across this

We have gone for Ocean 199ps with metallic paint, tow bar, upgraded Sat Nav, outdoor shower, comfort mattress, Woodstock alloys and all weather tyres and 80l fuel tank.
Hi just wondered what colour you went for?

bay leaf green. The wife wanted the 2 tone paint, but I could not justify the extra £2k!! It does look cool in 2 tone though.I compromised and we added the chrome pack too.

bay leaf green. The wife wanted the 2 tone paint, but I could not justify the extra £2k!! It does look cool in 2 tone though.I compromised and we added the chrome pack too.
Chrome pack a must

Back