ORDERING T6 OPTION PROBLEMS.

SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Now in process of ordering SusiBus T6 and it has become clear that ordering options, and getting it right, is far from as easy as it should be because of ---
  1. No printed brochure available

2. Online brochure with minimal information, inaccuracies and omissions.

3. Dealer configurator with similar problems.

4. Lack of accurate backup knowledge at VW customer service.
We have contacted VW head office and they have asked if the forum can inform them of any OPTION SPECIFICATION problems that members are experiencing so that they can address them.

VW clarifications so far:

1 Diff lock
The differential rear axle lock 1Y4 is available as an option in the Dealer Order Configurator, but this was added later and so needs to be updated on the option list. The price for the rear diff lock is £470 basic ex VAT / £564 incl. VAT and it is only available on 4MOTION derivatives. With regards to functionality the rear differential lock when activated locks the differential on the two rear wheel, i.e. both wheels rotate at the same speed which makes movement on slippery surface, e.g. on ice, off-road, still possible. So, for example when driving off-road and one wheel has lost contact to the surface, mechanical rear diff lock helps to improve manoeuvrability.

2 Privacy glass
From the different glass options only QL0 and Z2C are available on California Ocean, QL4 is standard. We do not have images yet unfortunately, but I can provide a short description. So, QL4 is standard on Ocean which is the green insulating glass in the passenger compartment. QL0 is privacy glass that also provides heat insulation like QL4 but it is further tinted so it is less see through. Z2C is a pack containing laminated glass for the front side windows, privacy glass for the passenger compartment, and a laminated windshield and insulated glass for the rear window. The two latter ones come as standard on a California Ocean anyway

The story is slightly different on Beach where QL3 is standard which is green heat-insulating glass in cab and passenger compartment. As an option on Beach you can get the two packs Z2A and Z2B. Z2A contains above the already standard laminated windshield laminated privacy glass for the passenger compartment with a metal layer aiding also with noise suppression. Z2B gives you insulating green glass for the rear window and the side windows in the passenger compartment.

I think clarification of the clarification might be required ! Anyone help?

This has caused problems in the past when ordering a T5 with vehicles glass tints not fitting the customers expectations when delivered.

I have been informed that somewhere it states that the laminated glass package includes privacy glass but I believe this is only the 20% darker green tint. To get very dark windows you need optional privacy glass which is 55% darker.

Printed brochure - It been delayed again apparently they've had some sort of marketing problem that has diverted resources, oh! and last week was half term ! ! No issue date given.

So please post here any ordering problems that you're having, so we can feed it back to VW, but in the meantime if any members know the answers, please post them to save us asking unnecessary questions.

Last edited:
8T2 Cruise Control (multi-function steering wheel)
A little unclear wether that includes MFSW or not. Dealer says not. But brochure seems to suggest it does.

So sad to hear you guys are fooled arround at dealership .
If a saelesman try to sell me a +50.000euro verhicle and would ask me to check a "forum " for details on options.....
Oooh boy...!
Close the door behind as you walk out and never go there again!

Don't feel fooled around by the dealership. Just VW with lack of clarity on the product they're selling!
And as far as closing the door on the dealer? The only problem with that is that I actually want a Cali!
So sad to hear you guys are fooled arround at dealership .
If a saelesman try to sell me a +50.000euro verhicle and would ask me to check a "forum " for details on options.....
Oooh boy...!
Close the door behind as you walk out and never go there again!

I can understand your frustration , just be sure the dealer don't sell you the wrong options...

I got myself the German version of the T6 brochure in paper and a Dutch pricelist , given by my dealer in Holland last weekend.
But those codes are not in the brochure , think the dealers see more on the computerversion than there is in the paperversion.
Think the only wright way to add options is by the carconfigurator at the VW dealer and not by speculating on the forum .
Only real help on the forum are members who have orderd and have theire signed deal on paper to compare with.....

Not sure where you are coming from hotel. Susibus was simply trying to help with some additional information from their contacts at VW.

And to say that the only real help is from forum members that have ordered and have their signed deals on paper is also stretching things. You might have a signed deal as we had but when push comes to shove if the factory think the option isn't right you are stuffed. We had to return to go and start again because they wouldn't build what we had ordered.

So I think it's great that the forum can add assistance where the van sellers are out of their depth.

In fact I think you highlight the issues when you say that you have a Cherman brochure and a Nederlandse prijslijst and the two don't marry up.

Dear Bramco , if you look good i am from Belgium , if you read the forum frequent you know i bougt my T5 Cali as a showroommodel in Belgium but as there is pretty much no VW dealer in Belgium that has knowledge on the Cali i go to the Netherlands for service .
As i read how the VW dealers in the UK are handling things , only what i read here ....and above seems also some strange things ( to me at least)happend with susiBus .
The fact i tell here i got a German brochure .....witch are just foto's for your information, and a Dutch pricelist , is just info ....as susiBus seems to have no info at all ....
If the additional information from their contacts at VW is : go check a forum ....i got my doubts on that VW dealer and that i pointed out in my previous post .
Don' want to be a pain in the ass just giving my opinion .

Dear Bramco , if you look good i am from Belgium , if you read the forum frequent you know i bougt my T5 Cali as a showroommodel in Belgium but as there is pretty much no VW dealer in Belgium that has knowledge on the Cali i go to the Netherlands for service .
As i read how the VW dealers in the UK are handling things , only what i read here ....and above seems also some strange things ( to me at least)happend with susiBus .
The fact i tell here i got a German brochure .....witch are just foto's for your information, and a Dutch pricelist , is just info ....as susiBus seems to have no info at all ....
If the additional information from their contacts at VW is : go check a forum ....i got my doubts on that VW dealer and that i pointed out in my previous post .
Don' want to be a pain in the ass just giving my opinion .

I agree. I just cannot understand this "Dash" for a T6 California/Beach when no one, not the Customer, not the Salesperson and it would seem VW can absolutely confirm what the Options are, what each Options Pack includes etc:. I just hope we don't end up with too many unhappy owners of a vehicle that does not match the one they thought they had ordered.
This must count as one of the most disorganised and utterly useless vehicle launches in history, at a time when VW need all the customer support it can get. Heads should roll as it would seem that senior manages are so far up their own *********, that they can no longer see the wood for the trees.

Hotel, I think you are misunderstanding what I was saying. Susibus in the OP says they have information, probably just as much as you have from your brochure and pricelist but they are adding to the knowledge about the options by reporting here on the forum responses from VW about 'exactly' what various options mean. If we had had this knowledge then we wouldn't have been caught in the trap we ended up in.

Completely agree with Welshgas that this is one of the worst product launches in history but then that's only worse than the last one for the 5.1 etc. etc.

The issue is that VW have the California with the wrong part of the organisation - it should be with VW cars, Audi or even Skoda they'd do a better job than the Van centres. Maybe we should push for a Bentley takeover of the California brand - who could afford that? But maybe that's the way forward....

Hotel, I think you are misunderstanding what I was saying. Susibus in the OP says they have information, probably just as much as you have from your brochure and pricelist but they are adding to the knowledge about the options by reporting here on the forum responses from VW about 'exactly' what various options mean. If we had had this knowledge then we wouldn't have been caught in the trap we ended up in.

Completely agree with Welshgas that this is one of the worst product launches in history but then that's only worse than the last one for the 5.1 etc. etc.

The issue is that VW have the California with the wrong part of the organisation - it should be with VW cars, Audi or even Skoda they'd do a better job than the Van centres. Maybe we should push for a Bentley takeover of the California brand - who could afford that? But maybe that's the way forward....
I think we've been here before on other threads. Bottom line is I am going to wait until they sort it out but in the meantime I found the post from susibus very informative and helpful. We are where we are and I need all the help I can get. I can't even decide on the damned colour :)

Lots of other people including myself can't decide on a colour, that's why there's lots of Natural Grey Cali's

Lots of other people including myself can't decide on a colour, that's why there's lots of Natural Grey Cali's
Yep gone into 1st place on my wife's logic.:) We played a game last night of elimination and it was only one left on basis of being able to add almost any other colours to it in the interior. So she was not only logical but right. Not something I have admitted to very often in 32 years of marriage :)

Black would also work, following your wife's logic. We did the same thing, process of elimination but ours had to look good next to the front door, see the pic. Grey will look cleaner though.....

Black would also work, following your wife's logic. We did the same thing, process of elimination but ours had to look good next to the front door, see the pic. Grey will look cleaner though.....
Black does look good though :)

Let's get back onto subject chaps this thread is supposed to be for T6 option ordering problems. Hands up I know I'm guilty of wandering off subject, but if we can keep on subject it might be easier for people viewing it for information.
Perhaps we need another thread on colours your wife would like your Cali to be or I can't make up my mind which colour to order.

Well these are the things I've had clarified my my dealer:

The all weather tyres are available on the Ocean (17"), but as of the start of Sep there was an additional 7 week wait at the factory for them.

The cruise control doesn't include the MFSW. All that option does is add cruise and move it from the stalk to the steering wheel if a MFSW is specified.

A steel spare wheel would be replaced by an inflation kit when 18” alloys are specified.

Pop up roof lights are standard.

The 17" brake upgrade is no longer available, he didn't have information yet whether it is standard now, or just has been removed.

8T2 Cruise Control (multi-function steering wheel)
A little unclear wether that includes MFSW or not. Dealer says not. But brochure seems to suggest it does.[/QUO
Z87 multifunction steering wheel is £330 on its own not including cruise control.
8T2 Cruise control(multifunction steering wheel) means it is just via a multifunction steering wheel and obviously will not include it as the price is only £204

Well these are the things I've had clarified my my dealer:

The all weather tyres are available on the Ocean (17"), but as of the start of Sep there was an additional 7 week wait at the factory for them.

The cruise control doesn't include the MFSW. All that option does is add cruise and move it from the stalk to the steering wheel if a MFSW is specified.

A steel spare wheel would be replaced by an inflation kit when 18” alloys are specified.

Pop up roof lights are standard.

The 17" brake upgrade is no longer available, he didn't have information yet whether it is standard now, or just has been removed.

How much are the "All Weather" Tyres? Is it cheaper to get these once delivered?

How much are the "All Weather" Tyres? Is it cheaper to get these once delivered?

£120 extra, so probably not. I'm going for 4MOTION, so any extra grip from the tyres will be welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How a multi billion pound, world wide company can preside over yet another shambles is beyond me. The Cali roof has been going on for years and they are now regading on the warranty. The T6 ordering fiasco has been going on for months and still nobody in this country knows what they are ordering and that includes the dealers taking the money off people. Vw will run and run with the emmisions scandal and it will drag on for years and years. All unbelievable.

So So confusing. .... But... With the ACC c/w city emergency breaking the option includes a multi function steering wheel..... not sure what multi functions are included on it ? I was lead to belive everything ????? Ahhhhhhh

So So confusing. .... But... With the ACC c/w city emergency breaking the option includes a multi function steering wheel..... not sure what multi functions are included on it ? I was lead to belive everything ????? Ahhhhhhh
Agreed. That is what I thought. Intended going for it as it does not then become so expensive but now not sure. Throw in Z1Y cruise control with multifunction steering wheel including side scan and I am even more confused.
Anyone know about the electric doors. Saw and liked them on a T6 Caravelle on which they come as standard.

Back