Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ouch! Recommendations needed to make it better.

Nambola

Nambola

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Managed to get “Mo” our new MY19 Cali into a scrape with a post on a tight bridge in Surrey today. I’ve scratched the offside panel and rear wheel arch which is slightly dented. I’m maintaining composure whilst I seek recommendations from you good people on the best place to get it repaired/resprayed . Any recommendations for body shops or VW centres themselves in the Surrey/Hampshire/SE London area greatly appreciated. I need to go drink gin and console myself .

AA7A99B2-E488-4BBA-8E5C-60816D67E915.jpeg

14E4D385-5F77-4389-8CC6-02F25EF5D2C9.jpeg

I had a rear-end done a few years ago at Peter Cooper VW body shop at Bognor not cheap but I guess you are looking at an insurance claim.

Mines worse than that, been like it for 18 months just haven’t had time to get it booked in.

It doesn’t look too serious, at least it doesn’t look like you need a new panel.

Similar damage caused by a bollard. Good news is that Twickenham body shop (a vw approved centre) did a fab job. Bad news was that it cost £8000 and they had to remove the whole kitchen! However went back in brilliantly! All covered by insurance. Van was away for about 3-4 weeks!

I had a rear-end done a few years ago at Peter Cooper VW body shop at Bognor not cheap but I guess you are looking at an insurance claim.
Snag with insurance claims is any excess can come to most of repair cost and future premium adjustment can add to more than the difference. You are supposed to inform them.

Get some quotes first before deciding on insurance, probably not but may be less than excess... Is that not nearside (passenger side)?
edit - VW may dispute body warranty if not done by their approved shops?

Gutted for you, it could happen to any of us, get that drink down you.

Interested to hear recommendations also for when our time inevitably coms as we’re in Hampshire.

Once it’s sorted it’ll be good as new.

I would be cautious about on such a new and expensive vehicle with a paint warranty not having such a repair undertaken by a non-VW approved body shop. That is how I would feel about but that is me.

Thanks for the replies so far. I do take the point about getting a vw approved paintwork repair. I’m not going to decide re the insurance route at this point, it really does depend on the cost of repair (hoping it is not £8k Zebedee!). The panel is only dented slightly at the mid point of the wheel arch, and is on the passenger near-side MartG. Good news, a few gins with friends did help, the damage is now only half as serious looking-hic!:cheers

Managed to get “Mo” our new MY19 Cali into a scrape with a post on a tight bridge in Surrey today. I’ve scratched the offside panel and rear wheel arch which is slightly dented. I’m maintaining composure whilst I seek recommendations from you good people on the best place to get it repaired/resprayed . Any recommendations for body shops or VW centres themselves in the Surrey/Hampshire/SE London area greatly appreciated. I need to go drink gin and console myself .

View attachment 49370

View attachment 49371
I sympathize - I did something similar. I got a good repair but I'm in the north so that doesn't help

I would go to the VW dealer, have it done by them. You’ll regret compromising on quality of repair....been there, done that, never again..:)

Good advice, and that’s exactly what I am doing. The verdict seems to be fully replace the whole panel, which is major work as the inside furniture will need to be removed. Thank god for insurance, it £k’s of work-not looking forward to renewal quote . I’ve had some good recommended VW dealers here and on the Facebook group who are experienced in this specific repair so just waiting on quotes and the insurance approval to proceed. All good as new in the end....

Back