Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Our beach by the beach

blondebier

blondebier

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We collected our beach this morning. Perfect sunny weather for it.

I must say a big thank you to Chris Figg and Steve Mann at SMG Cowfold.

This is what greeted us when we arrived :

full

full

full

full

We've had a great day and ended up at Seaford beach.

full

Looks great, especially the standard Beach wheels. I've stuck with those, as I think they'll look great on mine too, and you've reassured me.

Did the factory add the black trim between the front and back windows or did the dealers do it for you?

What dashboard and layout do you have? Any photos on the inside?

Nice , plaine white is cool!

full

full

full

full

full

Simple clean look! I like the wheels too! Have fun!

The last pic at the beach is stunning! Hope you get some more pics like that one this summer!

full

full

full

full

full
Looks great- I really like the contrast between the black and white.
Is it the candy white or the oryx?

Looks great. I've stuck with standard wheels too, after thinking about upgrading, but they do look good.
What spec? Any extras (apart from the obvious ones!)

Thanks guys. We're really delighted with it.

What dashboard and layout do you have? Any photos on the inside?

We went for the standard dash. I really like it. I didn't see the benefit in the high gloss alternative. The finger marks on the touch screen are already showing after 2 days. (And the kids haven't touched it!)

Here are a few interior shots.

full

Simple steering wheel. It's all standard spec in there apart from the parking heater (with remote :thumb).

I've had the parking heater on a few times to test it and it really smells fumey. I'm hoping that will soon clear after a little more use.

We've got ours configured as a 7 seater during the week. This is with the multiflex board removed. (That thing is huge and really heavy)

full

Here's the rear bench. (You could fit 3 child seats across it if you needed to)

full

I ummed and arred about wheels too. I think the standard 16" wheels look great and I'm really pleased we didn't go any bigger. The ride is great, I think they look good and the tyres are significantly cheaper!

I had the SMG fit 20% privacy glass, door sill guards, rear bumper protector and a hatch mounted bike rack (this really is good).

Otherwise the options we went for are :

Heated washer nozzle and washer indicator
Parking sensors
Fixed towbar
Heated front screen with lights & vision package
Programmable parking heater with remote control
2 seats on 2nd row so it's a proper bus and can seat 7
Beefier leisure battery
Front fog lamps with cornering (I've not had these on a car before and they are really good)
Flash light and front 12v socket (Toys for the kids - I think we've got 2 torches and they're rechargeable)
Some other lights and sockets

AND a Slidepod from Jonny!

I thinks that's it. I can't wait for the spring to arrive and we can get on the road. :D

I spent a sunny Saturday(in shorts and t-shirt!) giving it a good clean and a wax. I treated the seats with scotch guard (kids and all that) and fitted a sparesafe.

I'm hoping to do the bungee tomorrow. This scares me more that anything else!

All sounds great.
What's the beefed up leisure battery? Is that a factory option?

Sorry - it's not the leisure battery...

It was option NY2 (Battery - uprated 450 A (95Ah))
Ah! That's what confused me, I had thought the only battery option was the starter - shame, I would like that maximum on the leisure battery...

Ah! That's what confused me, I had thought the only battery option was the starter - shame, I would like that maximum on the leisure battery...
My fault - I was typing from memory and have had a couple of beers. :rolleyes:

What a lovely looking van with a very practical specification and it looks stunning in white. Is it Candy white?

What a lovely looking van with a very practical specification and it looks stunning in white. Is it Candy white?
Thanks Borris. Yes - it's just plain candy white. I quite liked it and didn't really want to pay extra for a colour.

Thanks Borris. Yes - it's just plain candy white. I quite liked it and didn't really want to pay extra for a colour.
Superb. In my opinion the best colour VW do. It has been a standard VW colour since Pontius was a pilot.

I love it and is making me wonder whether I should change my beach order to white too. The b pillars are black. Was that an extra? Part of the exterior package perhaps?

I had SMG fit 20% privacy glass/b-pillar, door sill guards, rear bumper protector and a hatch mounted bike rack. All easy dealer fit options. :thumb

Cool - i love it ...... same thoughts ref keep it basic - i went solid colour standard wheels with just a few important extras - The Beach is that sort of vehicle in my view. I have been chucking my Beach about a bit now i got to grips how it handles - and it does roll about a bit on the 16" wheels and standard set up, but it is fun and predictable. Wouldnt do it with passengers on board tho.

full

full

full

full

full
Looks awesome m8, we've ordered a candy white beach too, I was still unsure about the colour until now. Great choice ;)
Do you know if the 20% tint is darker than the factory privacy glass option ?

Back