Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Our final configuration..

J

Jandy61

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Going to pay deposit this week
Spent a good few months deciding what we want/need/like and taking advice from those who have gone before
Just the two of us, based in Cumbria, spent many years pitching our tents, longingly looking at the camper vans dotted around the sites.
Well, after downsizing the house, it has enabled us to join the Vw club.
A fairly long wait ahead, but hopefully be here ready for the start of summer.

Ascot Grey 4 motion
Woodstock wheels
Art velour seats
Tow bar
Chrome pack
Heated windscreen
Spare keys
Mud flaps
Fuel tank

Going to pay deposit this week
Spent a good few months deciding what we want/need/like and taking advice from those who have gone before
Just the two of us, based in Cumbria, spent many years pitching our tents, longingly looking at the camper vans dotted around the sites.
Well, after downsizing the house, it has enabled us to join the Vw club.
A fairly long wait ahead, but hopefully be here ready for the start of summer.

Ascot Grey 4 motion
Woodstock wheels
Art velour seats
Tow bar
Chrome pack
Heated windscreen
Spare keys
Mud flaps
Fuel tank
I forgot to add Woodstocks and It was a non cost option I recall

presumably you have seen and like the chrome pack? and By fuel tank I suspect you mean 80L tank?

I forgot to add Woodstocks and It was a non cost option I recall

presumably you have seen and like the chrome pack? and By fuel tank I suspect you mean 80L tank?
We saw a van at dealers with the chrome pack (pic) and my partner liked the look, I bit retro like a smeg fridge she said,, and yes, meant 80 ltr tank lol

Attachments

• 766A468A-AC60-42F5-8F61-D640FC3CBB7C.png
    766A468A-AC60-42F5-8F61-D640FC3CBB7C.png
    1 MB · Views: 93
DSG or Manual?
How about Diff Lock to get the most of 4Mo when the going gets difficult? Yeah, l know £750 ish.
Safe box?

DSG or Manual?
How about Diff Lock to get the most of 4Mo when the going gets difficult? Yeah, l know £750 ish.
Safe box?
All DSG now on the uk California’s, I have a set of chains from the car that will fit if we get caught in a massive snow bomb event, can’t see me leaving anything of real value in the van that I can’t carry around with me, but safe can be added later iv been told
NO MORE SPENDING, Hmm, maybe 235 tyres, Doh!

All DSG now on the uk California’s, I have a set of chains from the car that will fit if we get caught in a massive snow bomb event, can’t see me leaving anything of real value in the van that I can’t carry around with me, but safe can be added later iv been told
NO MORE SPENDING, Hmm, maybe 235 tyres, Doh!
Yes, l forgot Manual was history.
Thought of Diff Lock as you live in Cumbria.
All Weather tyres ?
Sorry , I'll stop trying to spend your money. Only trying to help.

Attachments

• 20201208_125127.jpg
    20201208_125127.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 71
Get the 235 all weathers - honestly, the 235 width of tyre makes a really big difference to the ride quality Over the standard hard van tyres and 215 width.

Not tempted by red coloured roof bellows to give a bit of pizzazz?! Would look incredible with the grey :)

Are the spare keys as in extra set of keys or are they the extra keys because youve opted for the electric sliding door? (this option comes with 2 extra spare keys) although Im sure you wouldve mentioned it in your spec list if you had:D)..No the only reason I mention it is because if you had of ticked the 'leccy door option' I would have suggested that you save your money and use it better elsewhere.

Just my thoughts.

Lovely sounding van btw. Ascot grey with chrome sounds v nice indeed :) :cheers

Oh, and brilliant spec by the way - you won’t be disappointed.
Believe it or not, I’d be happy with our other option which was a good spec coast, but she wants the full fat ocean, she’s not normally like that with her purchasing, But as it’s her money and her dream van, she made the final choice,

Get the 235 all weathers - honestly, the 235 width of tyre makes a really big difference to the ride quality Over the standard hard van tyres and 215 width.

Not tempted by red coloured roof bellows to give a bit of pizzazz?! Would look incredible with the grey :)
Yes I saw that post yesterday and Reminded me that maybe I should change to all weather 235 as many on the forum have recommended

That would look lovely,

That would look lovely,
Why the Windscreen Heater? Just fire up the Parking Heater 30 mins + before leaving. Warms the van, device All windows. You can use the Remote for heater from inside house.

Why the Windscreen Heater? Just fire up the Parking Heater 30 mins + before leaving. Warms the van, device All windows. You can use the Remote for heater from inside house.
We have read about this on the forum, she wanted it because my work van has heated windscreen and seats, unlike her current car, life is hard sometimes I say,
Now she makes me scrap her windows for her currently,

I know the thread title is, "OUR FINAL CONFIGURATION" and that you are also saying you're really happy with your chosen spec, BUT, as I noticed you've ticked the Chrome Pack option box, how about the Angular Side Bars for an added extra bit of bling? I think they really suit the T6.1.

Oh I'm sorry, it's your van order, not mine. I don't think I'll put my final spec on the forum, otherwise I'll end up ticking absolutely every option box following advice from fellow owners.

PS. I've ordered Angular Side Bars!

I know the thread title is, "OUR FINAL CONFIGURATION" and that you are also saying you're really happy with your chosen spec, BUT, as I noticed you've ticked the Chrome Pack option box, how about the Angular Side Bars for an added extra bit of bling? I think they really suit the T6.1.

Oh I'm sorry, it's your van order, not mine. I don't think I'll put my final spec on the forum, otherwise I'll end up ticking absolutely every option box following advice from fellow owners.

Lol, yes the forum is helpful in recommending must have options, although I don’t need much encouraging..just looked at the bars you mentioned, yes, look very nice, can go on the B list, our first camper so got to get essential other bits like the mattress etc

Are the spare keys as in extra set of keys or are they the extra keys because youve opted for the electric sliding door? (this option comes with 2 extra spare keys) although Im sure you wouldve mentioned it in your spec list if you had:D)..No the only reason I mention it is because if you had of ticked the 'leccy door option' I would have suggested that you save your money and use it better elsewhere.

Just my thoughts.

Lovely sounding van btw. Ascot grey with chrome sounds v nice indeed :) :cheers
Didn’t get 2 extra keys with my MY21 Ocean with electric sliding door?! Is that new?

Didn’t get 2 extra keys with my MY21 Ocean with electric sliding door?! Is that new?
Tbh, im not surprised you didnt. My simple brain couldnt understand why when ordering the electric sliding door you get 2 extra sets of keys. So i currently have 4 sets of keys with our T6.

Im guessing someone at VW wised up.

We have read about this on the forum, she wanted it because my work van has heated windscreen and seats, unlike her current car, life is hard sometimes I say,
Now she makes me scrap her windows for her currently,
Won't have to do that with the Parking Heater.

And lowered springs!