Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Our new California Adventures Channel

Looks smart and a great review but this awning looks like a massive faff and takes away the freedom of a California IMHO.

Yeah it's certainly heavy. Packed up it's a bit longer, but not as wide as, the Galli Compact. I don't think it's necessarily more of a faff than the Galli Compact was, unless you class the wood burner as a faff. We wouldn't because, in our opinion, the burners pro's far outweigh it's cons. We certainly wouldn't have spent the evening in the Vango awning.

It's more restrictive because it has a large footprint and a lot of sites don't allow wood burners. But when you find the right place for 3+ nights, it's a great addition.

We tested a very different type of awning this time...

Great video getting better and better :)

I think this would suit certain kinds of holidaying and not others. My friends have a wood burning stove and its amazing when out and about and makes a massive difference on cold days.

Great video getting better and better :)

I think this would suit certain kinds of holidaying and not others. My friends have a wood burning stove and its amazing when out and about and makes a massive difference on cold days.

Thank you very much, and yeah you’re right. It certainly wouldn’t suit somebody who tours a lot staying one or two nights at places.

Finally Bentley got rid of those two ....looking forward to see some vid's without the constant disturbing factor of that couple...
You got my support Bentley !
:D

In this latest episode we show you how to fit the fantastic premium "GTi style" seat covers available from the club shop...

Seems that Bentley is on his own ....i belive this is the first movie without him !
Thought it was a april's fools joke but was i wrong.....?

Yes you raise a good point!
I mean who would want really nce seat covers if Bentley was going to shed his fur over them eh??
It looks to me like he really is going it alone.

I think that conversion company will go far, they´re quite good at it.

Good video :thumb

Do i want a shower in a campervan , a build in seat cusion-puzzle , a zip-off roofcanvas ,curtains , a make-up table....
No thanks .
All looking nice and spacy but , where do you put all the stuff we carry in the booth in the Cali ? A brompton , a cobb / bbq , foldable dog bench , ect....(not that i carry all those but some do)?
All in those lovely kitchen drawers....guess not.
And longer than 5m .

Only plus i see is a bigger sink and hot water (but this means only on hook -up or does it uses gas to heat the water up ? ) and maybe a more comfortable upper bed .

God i love my Cali even more after seeing that video:D

Last edited:
Yep ! Another great vid...
I wonder when that was filmed? oh yeah spring was yesterday :D
For a moment I thought it may suit some (particularly singles/couples) going a bit wild but in the end there was too much change needed to exploit all functions for me and had the functions been really good as a result I'd live with it but it was too much for too little. A good effort and clearly selling very well but I'd have to settle for something less that does things simpler and with a max result. Can you take the swiss army knife too far?

Do i want a shower in a campervan , a build in seat cusion-puzzle , a zip-off roofcanvas ,curtains , a make-up table....
No thanks .
All looking nice and spacy but , where do you put all the stuff we carry in the booth in the Cali ? A bromton , a cobb / bbq , foldable dog bench , ect....
And longer than 5m .

Only plus i see is a bigger sink and hot water (but this means only on hook -up or does it uses gas to heat the water up ? ) and maybe a more comfortable upper bed .

Zip off roof looks good, beds will be miles (kms) better,curtains will
last forever (tried and tested)
Toilet,shower what more do you need, get a bike rack theres
loads of storage space
Have you been on that californian wine whilst sat in your cali pyjamas.

No thanks .
All looking nice and spacy but , where do you put all the stuff we carry in the booth in the Cali ? A bromton , a cobb / bbq , foldable dog bench , ect....
And longer than 5m .

Zip off roof looks good, beds will be miles (kms) better,curtains will
last forever (tried and tested)
Toilet,shower what more do you need, get a bike rack theres
loads of storage space
Have you been on that californian wine whilst sat in your cali

@westfalia , think you been on the wine....do you see double(post):upsidedown

Love it.

But wondering where to store my duvet, dog crate and little oven.

Looks like a more comfortable option for my retirement ambition of a European tour (5years off so diesel may be an issue then).

Will need to wait for second hand market and if that’s like other Westfalia. It’s a long wait

Thanks guys for your 2 videos above. Especially liked the Vantastic Hastings.

We loved the VW splitty fire engine. Long may it continue raising money in Hughies memory/children charities.

Back