Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Our new two colour Ocean is ready and here!

Thanks Smiffy. I thought you might like her based on your lovely splitty.
We of course agree with you about the colour combo too. I was very nervous when the paintwork was being done over the 10 days but when I went to collect her I grinned from ear to ear...still am!
Do you like the idea of having the awning cover painted candy white to blend in? And one of my favourite bits...the rear door roundel :)
Had the most anazing reaction from everyone on the forum too.
Good luck with yours when it arrives...how soon do you reckon?

As with everything, less is more, and the devil is in the detail. So yes, the awning in the Candy White is spot on :thumb and the roundel idea is very cool.

I do miss that splitty, ‘Alfie-bus’. Back in the day he was a magazine feature!! But hey, lovely to look at, but anything more than a 50 mile drive and my ears would be ringing and my back aching.

Not any more though as Blu has already arrived! (That's him in the background...:)) I'm doing my best to make him a bit individual, but your bus has definitely raised the bar, fantastic!

_DSF0798.jpg

Looks great! :thumb What is the measured height to the awning, is it below 2m? Bought cool model a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_0111.JPG

View attachment 19944 After many months of thinking, questioning, planning, budgeting, and waiting our lovely two tone California Ocean is now on our drive.
A brief Specification summary is..
204 PS, 4 Motion, 7 speed DSG.
Cascavel alloys with alloy spare. Green heat insulating privacy glass. Full M/F sports steering wheel.
F&R park sensors with camera. Composition media with App Connect. Cruise control. Awning in Black. Heavy duty anti roll bars. 80 litre fuel tank.
Because we loved the look and "atmosphere" of the original T1 and T2 we wanted our new T6 to be a fun holiday camper van.
We saw the Caravelle special in red and white at a dealership and really liked the idea in principle.
So we ordered ours in Candy White and soon after it arrived in the UK we took it to Brin Jones VW approved bodyshop in Filton near Bristol to have our plans fulfilled.
They were very knowledgeable and professional so we were confident but a bit nervous too.
After much thought and research we decided on the lower half being painted in original VW Turquoise Green which is a colour that was used on the T1 &T2.
Ten days later the result was better than we had ever hoped for...I have hopefully managed to attach some photographs that give you a good idea of it.
The colour is a gorgeous soft green that blends beautifully with the green tinted glass.
We had the awning cover painted in Candy White to match the upper body so that it is a bit more subtle and blends in with the roof.
We also had the black background on the VW roundel on the rear door painted in Turquoise Green to match.
We then had the chrome strips applied on the lower front grille. the rear door lip, and along the lower side swage lines which give it a nice lift.
We have had VW lowering springs fitted which, together with the HD Anti roll bars makes the visual stance better and the overall handling superb.
We are really over the moon with the final result and on our first away trip to Dorset this weekend received lots of comments on how lovely the colour looked...so :):):)
We know that she (Florence...Magic Roundabout) will not be to everyone's taste but she's unique and beautiful...and she's ours :)

View attachment 19937 View attachment 19938 View attachment 19941 View attachment 19942

View attachment 19943

Great to see the end result after our photoshop discussion. It looks super clean and fresh and certainly has that holiday feel about it.

The chrome sets off the whole look. Bet you would love some of those retro rims with chrome hubcaps to finish off the look?

And the roundels with the lower Color in the middle- superb.

Have you thought of painting the dash board in the green Color and having your steering wheel retrimmed in white leather? Or am I going a bit too far now? More photoshops???

Anyway 10/10. Looks fabulous!

The chrome sets off the whole look. Bet you would love some of those retro rims with chrome hubcaps to finish off the look?
yes, i would sell the cascavels and fit some steel wheels colour coded for the retro look.VW-TANSPORTER-WHEEL-GUIDE-008.jpg BANDED.jpg

Great to see the end result after our photoshop discussion. It looks super clean and fresh and certainly has that holiday feel about it.

And the roundels with the lower Color in the middle- superb.

Have you thought of painting the dash board in the green Color and having your steering wheel retrimmed in white leather? Or am I going a bit too far now? More photoshops???

Anyway 10/10. Looks fabulous!

Many thanks Days out...after our constructive chat before I thought you would be interested.

We are really pleased with how it came out and amazed at all the positive reaction.

Yes the retro wheels would have been lovely but Very expensive, and considering the cost of the vehicle as specc'd was high...and then adding the paintwork, chrome trims ( Bloomin' expensive and of course had to be added after the paint was finished) and the lowering springs, my bank account feels as if it's been seriously abused!

In addition, The Cascavel alloys look good in silver against the green lower half...and, even better, because of an ordering error I got them FOC ;)

Each time I look at the rear roundel on the white door I say "Yes!" :happy

I think that the dashboard and particularly white steering wheel would definitely be over the top and take away from the "clean and fresh" look you mention.

My wife has however managed to find some VW approved tea towels that match the colour scheme perfectly and she has used them to make two cushions showing the front and rear, and then she quilt-stitched to accent the lines. What a clever sausage! :):)

Have a great summer...you'll be able to spot me if we drive past each other!! :happy

As with everything, less is more, and the devil is in the detail. So yes, the awning in the Candy White is spot on :thumb and the roundel idea is very cool.

I do miss that splitty, ‘Alfie-bus’. Back in the day he was a magazine feature!! But hey, lovely to look at, but anything more than a 50 mile drive and my ears would be ringing and my back aching.

Not any more though as Blu has already arrived! (That's him in the background...:)) I'm doing my best to make him a bit individual, but your bus has definitely raised the bar, fantastic!

View attachment 19985

I am sure that in no time at all and after some "Lurv" ...Blu will become very much yours :happy

Spotted this little beauty on a campsite in Hereford:bananadance2was lovely to meet you both and Florence. Have a great few days, hope the weather stays good for you.
Esther & Jamie :)

IMG_2072.JPG

I have to say I'm totally besotted with your gorgeous two-tone turquoise Ocean, Wrinkly Ninja. ...not the first time I've come back to this thread to swoon...! ;)

I have to say I'm totally besotted with your gorgeous two-tone turquoise Ocean, Wrinkly Ninja. ...not the first time I've come back to this thread to swoon...! ;)

Thanks swizzle...Just come back from a few days in the Wye Valley and every time I walk away from her I look back and smile...and so many nice comments from people about how nice it looks. :happy:happy

View attachment 19944 After many months of thinking, questioning, planning, budgeting, and waiting our lovely two tone California Ocean is now on our drive.
Cascavel alloys with alloy spare. Green heat insulating privacy glass. Full M/F sports steering wheel.
F&R park sensors with camera. Composition media with App Connect. Cruise control. Awning in Black. Heavy duty anti roll bars. 80 litre fuel tank.
Because we loved the look and "atmosphere" of the original T1 and T2 we wanted our new T6 to be a fun holiday camper van.
We saw the Caravelle special in red and white at a dealership and really liked the idea in principle.
So we ordered ours in Candy White and soon after it arrived in the UK we took it to Brin Jones VW approved bodyshop in Filton near Bristol to have our plans fulfilled.
They were very knowledgeable and professional so we were confident but a bit nervous too.
After much thought and research we decided on the lower half being painted in original VW Turquoise Green which is a colour that was used on the T1 &T2.
Ten days later the result was better than we had ever hoped for...I have hopefully managed to attach some photographs that give you a good idea of it.
The colour is a gorgeous soft green that blends beautifully with the green tinted glass.
We had the awning cover painted in Candy White to match the upper body so that it is a bit more subtle and blends in with the roof.
We also had the black background on the VW roundel on the rear door painted in Turquoise Green to match.
We then had the chrome strips applied on the lower front grille. the rear door lip, and along the lower side swage lines which give it a nice lift.
We have had VW lowering springs fitted which, together with the HD Anti roll bars makes the visual stance better and the overall handling superb.
We are really over the moon with the final result and on our first away trip to Dorset this weekend received lots of comments on how lovely the colour looked...so :):):)
We know that she (Florence...Magic Roundabout) will not be to everyone's taste but she's unique and beautiful...and she's ours :)

View attachment 19937 View attachment 19938 View attachment 19941 View attachment 19942

View attachment 19943

Assuming there is only one van like this - I saw you parked up near Sennybridge as I drove past. Spotted it a mile off. Your van looks really good in the flesh. The colour and finish look great. I still recon those retro wheels would finish it off though! It's certainly a unique vehicle. My wife thought you were brave doing that paint job immediately you bought it. Hope you have a great bank holiday weekend.

I am actually drooling - its gorgeous!

Assuming there is only one van like this - I saw you parked up near Sennybridge as I drove past. Spotted it a mile off. Your van looks really good in the flesh. The colour and finish look great. I still recon those retro wheels would finish it off though! It's certainly a unique vehicle. My wife thought you were brave doing that paint job immediately you bought it. Hope you have a great bank holiday weekend.

You are right on all counts Days...we were up hiking in the Brecon Beacons for four days and had stopped in Sennybridge for a light "Walkers Lunch" of fish, chips and mushy peas before doing the Waterfall walk. I think next time we'll do the walk first and then have a meal. We had a brilliant few days up there.
Since it's return from the paint shop we have been to Dorset, The Wye Valley, The New Forest and the Brecon Beacons....Love it!
Can't afford the retro wheels.......yet.
BTW, 4 Motion + H/D anti roll bars + lowered spring give a really good planted and secure ride in the rain.

The MD of the bodyshop said the same thing when we took it in...and when we collected it 10 days later he said it was the best one he'd ever seen...Phew! :thumb
I pick my Orxy White Ocean up in 4 weeks ... Filton is only around the corner from me ... Man ... Now you've got me thinking ...

You are right on all counts Days...we were up hiking in the Brecon Beacons for four days and had stopped in Sennybridge for a light "Walkers Lunch" of fish, chips and mushy peas before doing the Waterfall walk. I think next time we'll do the walk first and then have a meal. We had a brilliant few days up there.
Since it's return from the paint shop we have been to Dorset, The Wye Valley, The New Forest and the Brecon Beacons....Love it!
Can't afford the retro wheels.......yet.
BTW, 4 Motion + H/D anti roll bars + lowered spring give a really good planted and secure ride in the rain.

Yep went past on our way to Tenby. I was trying to talk my other half into doing a lower wrap in duck egg or dove grey. Me thinks a photoshop might help!

Quite like the idea of Orange too!

It certainly makes for a fun holiday look camper!

I have a grape yellow beach and love it. saw a vw caravelle in the 2 tone red and white and thought it looked a bit naff.sort of trying too hard to be retro and that. but I think your van looks amazing. good choice paid off well

Mentre sto aspettando il mio Ocean Blue-White ho letto tutti i post di questo incredibile forum, e stamattina mi sono imbattuto in questa meravigliosa realizzazione, che sebbene abbia coraggiosamente espresso il concetto di Bulli in un modo moderno.
Voglio trarre ispirazione dal dipinto della tenda da sole e sono sicuro che appena potrò dipingerò anche la mia che è stata ordinata in nero ... il mio coachbuilder è davvero bravo.
Congratulazioni ancora per il tuo veicolo, sicuramente non passa inosservato!
E felice 2018 in giro con la tua California !!

View attachment 19943
I'm not a fan of these new two colour combos but yours is a different matter. It looks fantastic and really suits your Cali.

I just wish that VW would be a little more brave with their colour schemes. IMO their current pallet is rather limited, and unimaginative.