Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Outdoor Cover for the T61 California

Lyndak

Lyndak

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
My vehicle only just been ordered but I’m thinking of stuff I need already.
I live in a lodge by a lake and I’m pestered by crows. They have pecked the seals around my mirrors and doors.
I’m horrified to think they’ll have a go at my new camper when it arrives. Any tips on where to buy an outdoor cover that will fit the latest California ocean!

Good afternoon,

I thought we live in "Europe's Crow Capital". In the afternoon when they gather for their last flight of the day, it feels like in Alfred Hitchcocks "The Birds" :shocked.

But so far none of them have managed to peck at the seals of the cars in the drive way. Regularly I have to clean the van (you know what I mean), put otherwise they ignore the car. I could not imagine that I have to cover the van every day - it is my daily drive. That would be bit of a hassle.

Lyndak, it seems you have very bad behaving crows. :rolleyes:.

Happy California.
Eberhard

My vehicle only just been ordered but I’m thinking of stuff I need already.
I live in a lodge by a lake and I’m pestered by crows. They have pecked the seals around my mirrors and doors.
I’m horrified to think they’ll have a go at my new camper when it arrives. Any tips on where to buy an outdoor cover that will fit the latest California ocean!
Might be better to hire a local falconer to persuade the crows to go elsewhere. Any external cover for a T5/6 will fit as the external dimensions haven’t changed and I doubt if the stubby wart aerial above the windscreen would make a difference. Make sure the cover copes with the awning and/or bike rack if you have them. I think the Forum Shop might sell a suitable cover.

Good afternoon,

I thought we live in "Europe's Crow Capital". In the afternoon when they gather for their last flight of the day, it feels like in Alfred Hitchcocks "The Birds" :shocked.

But so far none of them have managed to peck at the seals of the cars in the drive way. Regularly I have to clean the van (you know what I mean), put otherwise they ignore the car. I could not imagine that I have to cover the van every day - it is my daily drive. That would be bit of a hassle.

Lyndak, it seems you have very bad behaving crows. :rolleyes:.

Happy California.
Eberhard
They are very naughty ha ha

Might be better to hire a local falconer to persuade the crows to go elsewhere. Any external cover for a T5/6 will fit as the external dimensions haven’t changed and I doubt if the stubby wart aerial above the windscreen would make a difference. Make sure the cover copes with the awning and/or bike rack if you have them. I think the Forum Shop might sell a suitable cover.

Thank you. I never thought of getting a falconer in. We have so many crows here that I thought they couldn't get rid of them all. Having said that, we have been here over a year and this is the first time we have had a problem with them

Crows and rooks etc are very smart. If put under threat in a particular locale they (and future generations) will stay clear of the area. This is what I found with marauding rooks.
You may have to put them under severe pressure if WG’s good idea does not deter.

I would do something if I knew how. They are becoming a real pest. There are two in particular who are the problem

Back