Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Outdoor table

N

Nejc

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
On the table, I noticed small bumps on the surface. Is it possible that the table is not resistant to moisture (rain) and the surface itself has been damaged as a result? It looks like moisture has inflated the base plate.

IMG_20200617_082330.jpg

When I bought mine 2nd hand someone had fitted a vinyl top that matched the original colour. Is it 2nd hand? If so check that. If under warranty you know what to do. To repair you could sand it down and fit your own vinyl to it. Here's mine.

IMG_20200517_110800.jpg

When I bought mine 2nd hand someone had fitted a vinyl top that matched the original colour. Is it 2nd hand? If so check that. If under warranty you know what to do. To repair you could sand it down and fit your own vinyl to it. Here's mine.

View attachment 60993
is that one of your own pictures on the table or one off the pixel website?

View attachment 60993
No it is not 2nd hand. Original. However many thanks for your reply. Btw where have you bought the vinyl and I think you have to remove the Aluminium edge protector first not to damage it when sand it down?

Can you put hot plates directly on the pixer cover ?

Can't say I've put very hot plates on there. Tea mugs etc seem OK. For hot pans etc I use a couple of these foldable thingies I bought from a pound shop. They fit great in the cutlery drawer

IMG_20200618_084206.jpg

On the table, I noticed small bumps on the surface. Is it possible that the table is not resistant to moisture (rain) and the surface itself has been damaged as a result? It looks like moisture has inflated the base plate.

View attachment 60988

The table is water resistant (but not water proof); if you leave it out in rain then the water will make its way down the metal strip on the side and get under the suface of table. Chipboard will then expand underneath the top covering causing the ripples that you see on the top.

Last edited:
We found the height of the table was very uncomfortable to sit and eat at. So l cut a bit off the bottom of the legs to reduce the height. Made it much better.

I just hot pans on a tea towel then the table

We found the height of the table was very uncomfortable to sit and eat at. So l cut a bit off the bottom of the legs to reduce the height. Made it much better.
Did you fit anything to the bottom of the legs after shortening them? And what did you cut them with? I'd quite like to do this too!

We found this on our previous van - slightly raised ridges across the table surface. We'd never left it out in the rain, but had often left it under the awning but in the damp, overnight. Will be more careful with the new van's table (once we get a chance to take it anywhere!).

We found this on our previous van - slightly raised ridges across the table surface. We'd never left it out in the rain, but had often left it under the awning but in the damp, overnight. Will be more careful with the new van's table (once we get a chance to take it anywhere!).
Thanks for the answers. However, it is strange that a relatively expensive vehicle is fitted with components that are not moisture-resistant when designed for outdoor use.

The table in our van is made from a fancy alluminium composite laminate stuff same as the rear cupboard shelves so would think its waterproof, we have left ours out with no ill effects maybe the older ones are different ours also has shortened legs as well so cant be used as a larger table inside as the ones with the long legs could do.

Back