Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Outside storage cover.

Pete M

Pete M

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I have searched honest!

I'm after an outside cover for occasional use when it's at home on the drive.
We have some large trees that overhang a lot and various flowers, berries, seeds are littering the wagon, even to the point of getting wedged in the brushed side window trim, discolouring the white paint and generally being a PITA.

I'm not sure whether to throw a fair amount of money at one so I can use it over winter or something lightweight and not worry over winter. It's only caused a problem over the last 2 weeks and a couple of weeks in Autumn.

Any ideas?

I can't help with your query Pete but I am generally interested in what people's views are on to cover or not to cover. Personally I hate the look of vehicle covers and would be be very reluctant to cover up that beautiful piece of negineering on the drive. However the van will go for periods of weeks without being used. We have an aging Citroen that the kids use when home from Uni. That started to form mildew at the bottom of the windows on the side parked away from the sun (I presume that a bit of moisture was gathering at the seal at the bottom of the window and not drying off). I certainly don't want to risk that happening to the Cali. But perhaps I just need to be sure to still use it from time to time through the winter ;)

I can't help with your query Pete but I am generally interested in what people's views are on to cover or not to cover. Personally I hate the look of vehicle covers and would be be very reluctant to cover up that beautiful piece of negineering on the drive. However the van will go for periods of weeks without being used. We have an aging Citroen that the kids use when home from Uni. That started to form mildew at the bottom of the windows on the side parked away from the sun (I presume that a bit of moisture was gathering at the seal at the bottom of the window and not drying off). I certainly don't want to risk that happening to the Cali. But perhaps I just need to be sure to still use it from time to time through the winter ;)
You've pretty much summed up my thoughts, but I have a 10 year old Skoda with green mouldy trim for work and no kids :)

I have searched honest!

I'm after an outside cover for occasional use when it's at home on the drive.
We have some large trees that overhang a lot and various flowers, berries, seeds are littering the wagon, even to the point of getting wedged in the brushed side window trim, discolouring the white paint and generally being a PITA.

I'm not sure whether to throw a fair amount of money at one so I can use it over winter or something lightweight and not worry over winter. It's only caused a problem over the last 2 weeks and a couple of weeks in Autumn.

Any ideas?
We have squadrons of incontinent dicky birds that insist on dive bombing out black Cali on a daily basis. Whilst we endevour to clean every thing off as often as we can (daily) it has so far resulted in two trips to the bodyshop to have bird lime damage repaired. So much fo Autoglym Lifeshine!
I have just ordered a Maypole campervan cover from Ebay + £65.99. I did approach Nick at Comfortz but he said that whilst he had looked into producing these, he was unable to make a profit considering the Maypole price. It hasn't arrived yet so I cannot give you any further info on quality, fit etc.

I'll be really interested to see how you get on with the cover, we've just swapped from a Hymer B644 to a Cali (pick up 11/06) and have problems with tree sap and pesky birds.....

There was one by Comfortz but out of stock i think.
There are treads on it also....

If you can recommend a good cover for several bicycles, 2 motorcycles, 2 large work benches, ski and boots, bicycle work stand, datum table, welding equipment I think that could work .... hold on the lintel is too low so I'll have to remove the roof, higher the door opening and re-roof.;)

Reactions: DM
If you can recommend a good cover for several bicycles, 2 motorcycles, 2 large work benches, ski and boots, bicycle work stand, datum table, welding equipment I think that could work .... hold on the lintel is too low so I'll have to remove the roof, higher the door opening and re-roof.;)

For a man who owns a datum table, a lintel should be a stroll :bananadance

Back