Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Outwell California Highway Tent Awning

P

paulkellyharris

Just wanting to know if anybody has experience of the Outwell California Highway Tent Awning? I have been pondering which (if any) drive away awning/stand alone tent to buy for a while. I have been tempted with the OzTent, but quite like the look of the Outwell. However, it does look a bit of a nightmare to set up. I have also read a review which questioned how well it would stand up to strong winds.

Many thanks

Paul

On my never ending awning search I have come across a very interesting new option - Quest elite dome awning. With it being so new I doubt anybody has any experience of it, but I thought it was worth asking. My search for an awning is taking longer than getting the Cali in the first place!

Hi Paul,

We are also trying to figure out the best option for the awning and now leaning towards the oztent even though it is v expensive. We have just returned from a week's trip away in Germany/France and used a domed Gazebo (Wynnester leisure shelter) which we used when camping with a tent before. Part of the luxury and benefit of a cali is not having to struggle anymore with tent poles. We like the Khyam although I dont believe it has a ground sheet which is essential when it really rains. The advantage of the Oztent is the ease of putting up and the built in ground sheet and also it could be used as a proper tent when our child wants to bring a mate along etc..the oztent can also be purchased with an awning connector (they call it a caravan connector).

Back