Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Outwell Country Road SA

A

Andy Hammon

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Morning All,

I'm planning on getting a drive-away awning. Has anyone got an Outwell Country SA, if so, would you recommend one? The reason I'm leaning towards this particular model is because you can add an internal two-person sleeping compartment. Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Andy

Can't offer any useful info on the model you mention, but I would suggest taking a close look at how easiy it is to erect it. We had a different 2016 Outwell awning (Tourismo?) that was rather awkward to erect. We sold it a few weeks ago, then bought a Khyam which is very quick erect.

We have one of the first Country Road. It is obviously not as easy to erect as a Kyham but we only use when staying for longer periods or when camping with the family. It provides lots of space and feels airy due to it inner height. You assemble it flat on the ground then hold it against the van, peg it to the ground at the van and then walk it away from the van. We originally connected it to the wide out awning but after another poster suggested using the pole that comes with it and just hooking it over the top of the windout awning. This works really well closing the awning to the van and it is really easy to lift it off to drive away. If you mark the position of your wheels on the ground to can hook it up really easy when get back.