Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Outwell CR Awning

I have to setup on my own ,so my khyam is great for that ... I'll not lie .. The build quality isn't great on the khyam's compared to others ... Mine is 2011 model and looks older ... I need to waterproof afew areas and it does rip easy ...I had a ar awning for years and when it went with the bus the guy asked if it was new ...
I think this motordome will last afew more years of I'm very careful and look after it ... If it wasn't for the way it goes up I wouldn't have brought it ..

I was against getting sucked into the Khyam gang but after reviewing some other options I had to give it a go.

1. The Quechua pop up tent - great idea but didn't think it offered what we wanted as a drive away. You need to go to the XL for decent space which then gets dangerously close to Khyam money. Khyam seem to have a good resale value whereas tents don't.

2 . Outwell CR - Nice build but after watching some YT videos of putting it up the Khyam appears to win.

The Khyam seems popular, is it popular because of the hype or are they really that good?? I'm afraid I don't yet know the answer to that.

If you want the Outwell CR there is a recent post where I explained how to buy it with quite a significant saving from Go Outdoors.

Hi I am currently Camping in Cornwall and trying out my new Khyam Motordome Sleeper.

The quick erect pole system works well and it just took 10 mins to erect the first time. The pegging out obviously takes a lot longer as it would with any awning.

Finally get a good 3 metre square breathable groundsheet (a lot of campsites now only allow these).
Mine can be packed in its bag even if it is wet and muddy then hosed of when I get home. I also found mine was good for getting the awning in the correct place and the four main legs the correct distance apart as it has eyelet holes in the corners.

John

Groundsheet is an issue for me at the moment John. Can't get one.

I assume 3m2 is for the MD Sleeper.

Where did you get yours?

Carrg said:
Cheers Guys.

Yes seen the other thread. The offer on Just Kampers seems good.

They are good with clubs as my local Vw club I'm chairman of we get discounts at jk ..:)

I ha e a water proof bag that fits a ground sheets or afew pairs of boots or whatever wet and it's compact ...think it's 41ltr ...so good I brought 2 :)

Back