Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Overlooking Loch Broom

Lovely. Corrieshalloch Gorge view point if I'm not mistaken. We spent a night wild camping a couple of years ago in the layby just behind you down the hill. There is a lovely water fall in that gorge back down the hill. I believe it is known as the "falls of Measach".

In the 1950s my parents used to take my brother and I to a little croft adjacent to Little Loch Broom. It took days to get there along what was then a very narrow winding single track road with passing places. You can still see the remains of it running along side the new road here and there. It was so narrow and under used that the feeling of being in the wilderness far from any habitation was acute but delightful. The new road was just starting to be built then and every so often you could here them blasting the rocks.

The other thing I remember was the tremendous hospitality and friendliness shown to us by the locals. On one occasion we were invited to high tea at a neighbouring farm. They must have put everything they had on the table. It was groaning.

Have a great time.

Lovely. Corrieshalloch Gorge view point if I'm not mistaken. We spent a night wild camping a couple of years ago in the layby just behind you down the hill. There is a lovely water fall in that gorge back down the hill. I believe it is known as the "falls of Measach".

In the 1950s my parents used to take my brother and I to a little croft adjacent to Little Loch Broom. It took days to get there along what was then a very narrow winding single track road with passing places. You can still see the remains of it running along side the new road here and there. It was so narrow and under used that the feeling of being in the wilderness far from any habitation was acute but delightful. The new road was just starting to be built then and every so often you could here them blasting the rocks.

The other thing I remember was the tremendous hospitality and friendliness shown to us by the locals. On one occasion we were invited to high tea at a neighbouring farm. They must have put everything they had on the table. It was groaning.

Have a great time.
Spot on :) Some years since we were here but as you rightly said there is still a feeling of wilderness and still as friendly.
We love Scotland, go a couple of times a year but this is the first in our Beach, one week into a three week trip absolutely loving the different dimension to this trip :cheers

Spot on :) Some years since we were here but as you rightly said there is still a feeling of wilderness and still as friendly.
We love Scotland, go a couple of times a year but this is the first in our Beach, one week into a three week trip absolutely loving the different dimension to this trip :cheers
We have just ordered a new Beach and when it arrives I am hoping that we can escape up to bonny Scotland for a few days. It will depend on leave from grand parent duties but we're hoping to do the inner Hebrides this time. On that previous trip we managed a ten day grand tour including Little Loch Broom, Applecross, Skye, North and south Uist, Benbecula, Eriskay, Harris and Lewis. Unfortunately, we had to miss out Barra due to lack of time. A three week tour is just not possible for us at the moment, so wer'e very envious.

We did our last trip in October and for the most of the week that we spent in Scotland the weather was superb. Lovely light quality, the beaches looked like tropical ones with the obvious difference.

I hope you have a great time. Any photos?

We have just ordered a new Beach and when it arrives I am hoping that we can escape up to bonny Scotland for a few days. It will depend on leave from grand parent duties but we're hoping to do the inner Hebrides this time. On that previous trip we managed a ten day grand tour including Little Loch Broom, Applecross, Skye, North and south Uist, Benbecula, Eriskay, Harris and Lewis. Unfortunately, we had to miss out Barra due to lack of time. A three week tour is just not possible for us at the moment, so wer'e very envious.

We did our last trip in October and for the most of the week that we spent in Scotland the weather was superb. Lovely light quality, the beaches looked like tropical ones with the obvious difference.

I hope you have a great time. Any photos?
That would be a brilliant way to christen you new Beach, the starlight blue and white looks stunning. We love Mull and are fond of Jura and Iona in the Inner Hebrides. We've done 2 trips to the Western Isles, first was a few years ago, started on Lewis working our way down ending on Barra. One of last years trips we did Lewis, Harris, Berneray, Skye.We highly recommend Fife and Perthshire both beautiful areas. We do have lots of photos, but we are unsure of were to post them :rolleyes:

That would be a brilliant way to christen you new Beach, the starlight blue and white looks stunning. We love Mull and are fond of Jura and Iona in the Inner Hebrides. We've done 2 trips to the Western Isles, first was a few years ago, started on Lewis working our way down ending on Barra. One of last years trips we did Lewis, Harris, Berneray, Skye.We highly recommend Fife and Perthshire both beautiful areas. We do have lots of photos, but we are unsure of were to post them :rolleyes:
Fife and Perthshire it is then.

What about doing a thread about your trip with photos? There would be plenty of us on here that would find your exploits very interesting. No pressure though.

Fife and Perthshire it is then.

What about doing a thread about your trip with photos? There would be plenty of us on here that would find your exploits very interesting. No pressure though.
If you do venture in either of those directions anytime you won’t be disappointed
We’ve still another couple of week away Mallaig, Small Isles, Skye but happy to give it a go when home :cheers