Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Overnight parking at stansted?

antonio buffa

antonio buffa

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi,

Need to take an early morning flight from Stansted soon and was wandering whether anybody has tried getting there the previous night and staying the night at long/medium stay car parks. Is it legal ?
Any advice welcome.

Well it’s not illegal but against the T&C’s worst that can happen is they sling you out.

Hi
I am not quite clear... Are you saying IT Is against their T&Cs ?
Thanks

Hi
I am not quite clear... Are you saying IT Is against their T&Cs ?
Thanks

9.3 The following are not permitted in our car parks, and we reserve the right to refuse to allow you to use the car park if you carry out any of these activities in our car parks:

-conducting any service work, cleaning or repairs to your vehicle;

-carrying out any business activity, including but not limited to in connection with selling, hiring or other disposal of your vehicle;

-filling or emptying of fuel tanks;

-misusing or damaging any part of the car park;

-parking outside of a designated parking bays (appropriate to your vehicle) or otherwise as instructed by car park staff;

-driving dangerously or too fast;

-making unnecessary noise or nuisance, including playing music in a way that annoys other users of the car park or people living or working nearby;

-filming or taking photographs;

-cooking or lighting fires;

-using the full facilities of a camper van, including but not limited to the toilet, bathroom and kitchen;

-doing or attempting to do anything which is a criminal offence;

-spending excessive time (as we may determine) in your vehicle in the car park. This includes sleeping in your vehicle.

https://www.stanstedairport.com/terms-and-conditions/car-parking-terms-and-conditions/

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Of course it will be against the T&Cs: just pull the blinds down, and don’t put the roof up. Nobody will notice one Cali amongst 100s of cars.

If you do camp in the car park and do get turfed out, you could find yourself up the creek without a paddle. Unless there’s an alternative car park to go to at short notice.

I would sleep in the van on their carpark. Its not camping.

Whats the difference in arriving early and having a nap or
sleeping through till check in time.
Who's counting ?

I would sleep in the van on their carpark. Its not camping.

Whats the difference in arriving early and having a nap or
sleeping through till check in time.
Who's counting ?

Did you read the Ts and Cs? Spending excessive time, including sleeping, in your vehicle is prohibited. While, as a calculated risk, you may want to ignore the rule, doing so on the basis that sleeping is not camping so OK would be reckless.

9.3 The following are not permitted in our car parks, and we reserve the right to refuse to allow you to use the car park if you carry out any of these activities in our car parks:

-conducting any service work, cleaning or repairs to your vehicle;

-carrying out any business activity, including but not limited to in connection with selling, hiring or other disposal of your vehicle;

-filling or emptying of fuel tanks;

-misusing or damaging any part of the car park;

-parking outside of a designated parking bays (appropriate to your vehicle) or otherwise as instructed by car park staff;

-driving dangerously or too fast;

-making unnecessary noise or nuisance, including playing music in a way that annoys other users of the car park or people living or working nearby;

-filming or taking photographs;

-cooking or lighting fires;

-using the full facilities of a camper van, including but not limited to the toilet, bathroom and kitchen;

-doing or attempting to do anything which is a criminal offence;

-spending excessive time (as we may determine) in your vehicle in the car park. This includes sleeping in your vehicle.

https://www.stanstedairport.com/terms-and-conditions/car-parking-terms-and-conditions/

That looks very clear !
I’ll find a site nearby I think...
Thank you very much

Overnight parking is allowed, for £15 (2 to 24 hours), at Birchanger Services, 10 minutes drive from Stansted. Showers are no extra. Toilets are smelly.

I don’t think there are any restrictions on sleeping in your vehicle.

Overnight parking is allowed, for £15 (2 to 24 hours), at Birchanger Services, 10 minutes drive from Stansted. Showers are no extra. Toilets are smelly.

I don’t think there are any restrictions on sleeping in your vehicle.

Good bit of advice again...
I have stopped for refuelling there in the past
Thanks

Did you read the Ts and Cs? Spending excessive time, including sleeping, in your vehicle is prohibited. While, as a calculated risk, you may want to ignore the rule, doing so on the basis that sleeping is not camping so OK would be reckless.

Hardly crime of the century is it.
You wouldn´t even know i was there, blinds down, jim jams on,
heater on low. :D

Hardly crime of the century is it.
You wouldn´t even know i was there, blinds down, jim jams on,
heater on low. :D

Looks like Westfalia has a bit of an unruly/naughty streak....
I am with Amarillo, stick to rules

They sure do....
That look like a good option. Looking on googlemap it looks like they are at the end of the runway!
Thanks !
We stayed in the car park of this pub just over 2 years ago having dropped in for a meal and a few drinks. I don't recall it being noisy (but then again they stop flying late evening and we were on a flight out fairly early the next day).
Its perfectly positioned and they were grateful for the custom on a weekday in November.

They sure do....
That look like a good option. Looking on googlemap it looks like they are at the end of the runway!
Thanks !
Yes the pub is very close to the airport and ideally located.

This isn't directly helpful, but on the general subject of airports, for Gatwick I can recommend BritStop 100. A nice pub, and I stayed in their car park before picking my wife up from an early flight.

Hi Everybody,
Update is as follow: left it too late to book the Three Horsesoes Pub ( rung them on the day and they said they were full ) but they suggested the nearby Golf World Stansted, a golf course/crazy golf/ restaurant pub with a Certified Location attached to it.
Very friendly lady, only £12 for the night and 6 minutes drive from the terminal, but being directly adjacent to the main traffic of an aggregate quarry you will take away with you a nice layer of grey, fine muck...
Works as a practical stopover, downside is you need to be a Caravan Club member, which coming from a having a caravan in the last few years I am, but suspect the wild campers amongst you may not find particularly agreeable to...
Thanks to all for your input