Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Overnight stop close to Geneva

K

Kernowboy

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Looking for a good place to stop overnight within striking distance of Geneva airport. Will be driving across from Le Havre, just me for the night ready to pick the family up in the morning. Ideally a decent spot for a meal and a pint close by. Any suggestions?

There is a little place on the lake just out of town from the airport called Perroy. It’s a quiet little village with some good places to park etc. there is a little restaurant that serves fantastic ‘fish and chips’ in the Swiss style!

Restaurant de la Passade
Rlle des Jardins 20, 1166 Perroy, Switzerland

Consider somewhere on the French side of the border. Switzerland is outrageously expensive to eat and drink. I had a basic Italian pasta dinner in Geneva in December that cost £180 for two for a starter, main and bottle of average wine.

Consider somewhere on the French side of the border. Switzerland is outrageously expensive to eat and drink. I had a basic Italian pasta dinner in Geneva in December that cost £180 for two for a starter, main and bottle of average wine.
That bottle of average wine is the killer, we favour the carafe of house wine every time, normally what the locals are drinking for very good reasons.

The starters were £25 the mains £30+. It’s just horrific.

Camping 'Les Genets' at Gex, France is quiet and pleasant. Appears to be less than 15 mins drive from Geneva Airport. A number of eateries within 5 minute walk of the site at all prices. Driving into CH from F will cost you money. Possibly consider the local public transport: buses are very efficient and transiting customs extremely easy. Just make sure you have a ticket and have pinged it in the machine on the bus.