Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

P046c

S

S Cali

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi been a Cali owner for 16 months now ,( it’s been the true meaning of fun ) but a couple of weeks ago I had an oil change and inspection display and an orange engine display light on the dash , just being inquisitive my mate plugged his diagnostics coder in and it showed up as a code p046c .tried contacting local VW centre but not able to help me at present due to current crisis ,so was wondering if any won can point me in the direction I should be taking . it’s an SE model 64 reg 180 tdi having done 19000 miles and I did do an oil change in august 19 before a trip down to st ives

I had a couple of codes on my Carista which I tried asking VWCS for clarification, waste of time as they merely said that they had no access to technical information!

Booked into local dealer, for brake fluid test mainly, and gave them the codes. Very helpful guy there said that they couldn't disclose the code as customers aren't supposed to access them. say no more.

Anyhow this may help

On board diagnostics (OBD) trouble code P046C is a generic trouble code relating to a range or performance problem incurred in the "A" electrical circuit to the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve.

It's a false error where the software barfs on a reading from the EGR, Dealers are advised to ignore it.

It's a false error where the software barfs on a reading from the EGR, Dealers are advised to ignore it.
Really ??? Do you think the oil change notice on dash has triggered the code ?

Really ??? Do you think the oil change notice on dash has triggered the code ?
Unlikely. I used Carista on my vehicle just after delivery. 3 or 4 codes popped up. Cleared them and they have never reappeared.

I would just delete the code and see if it reappears.

Back