Packing frustration

PudnBob

PudnBob

No more waiting….let the adventures begin
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
any one else have the challenge of the missing storage boxes. Trying to pack the dried food stuff in the plastic boxes to fine literally 30 + lids and no box..... only to be found holding all the Lego pieces for the Lego camper!!

It never seems there are the same number of lids as boxes but yours sounds like quite a few missing ;)

It never seems there are the same number of lids as boxes but yours sounds like quite a few missing ;)
I think more repurposed, Lego pieces in larger unused boxes, smaller camper ones hijacked back to Gracie!

I cleared out my elderly mum's kitchen cupboards for something to do last weekend while I was up on 'cataract watch'. I found approximately 247 plastic boxes and about 137 lids, none of which matched. All in the recycling. That cleared some space, I can tell you! Trouble is, mum can see a bit now (other eye due to be done in a few months) so she'll be able to tell that I threw out 800 jars of ancient jam and chutney (mostly made by my sister and I and given as gifts over the last 20 yrs or so) and that her food cupboard now only contains about 40 cans of mixed beans and 10 bottles of lime squash. Oops.

I cleared out my elderly mum's kitchen cupboards for something to do last weekend while I was up on 'cataract watch'. I found approximately 247 plastic boxes and about 137 lids, none of which matched. All in the recycling. That cleared some space, I can tell you! Trouble is, mum can see a bit now (other eye due to be done in a few months) so she'll be able to tell that I threw out 800 jars of ancient jam and chutney (mostly made by my sister and I and given as gifts over the last 20 yrs or so) and that her food cupboard now only contains about 40 cans of mixed beans and 10 bottles of lime squash. Oops.

I understand problem !!!!! :Nailbiting

I have momentos from my parents......some price labels are still pre decimal!

Totally understand!
My mother in law used to put the same items on her shopping list every week despite the fact that she already had dozens of each item in her pantry. When we cleared her house we found thousands...and I mean many thousand plastic carrier bags all folded up and stashed neatly all over. Some were so ancient that they disintegrated on touch ☹️

My lovely Gran Ruby who was still cycling round her Somerset village at 90 always bought a pack of American tan tights when shopping. When I cleared her house there were hundreds of pairs! Also in her wardrobe each dress had a matching handbag, each bag contained a roll of £10 notes. I wanted to buy something to remind myself of her. 3 beautiful Pascal Magis paintings I look at every day in my sitting room!

In the Cali I have just replaced all the food items eg tomato soup, flour etc ready for the new season.

My lovely Gran Ruby who was still cycling round her Somerset village at 90 always bought a pack of American tan tights when shopping. When I cleared her house there were hundreds of pairs! Also in her wardrobe each dress had a matching handbag, each bag contained a roll of £10 notes. I wanted to buy something to remind myself of her. 3 beautiful Pascal Magis paintings I look at every day in my sitting room!

In the Cali I have just replaced all the food items eg tomato soup, flour etc ready for the new season.
What a lovely thing to find, and how lucky that they hadn't just changed the £10 notes and made them worthless!!!! My Grandma saved small change, and when she ran out of space in the place she was stashing it, she found she had £700, and she had 7 grandchildren, so she gave us £100 each. I was in my early 20s then, and just setting up home. My sister bought a gold bangle. I bought a block of Sabatier kitchen knives, and thought every time I'm chopping something for dinner I will think of Grandma. Some 30 years on, I still use those knives (though some of the handles have disintegrated and are held together with duck tape - can't throw them out!) and I ALWAYS think of my lovely Grandma, though she's long gone.