Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Paddles on a Beach?

J

jonnyboy

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Am speccing out a Beach with DSG and talking with three dealers currently to get the right deal.

Two of the three say with DSG, I can get sports wheel with paddles. One dealer says paddles are only an Ocean option.

Anyone any recent experience please?

Friendly place this....

Had done that HC and found that thread, but doesn't specifically answer my question hence posted the question here

Am speccing out a Beach with DSG and talking with three dealers currently to get the right deal.

Two of the three say with DSG, I can get sports wheel with paddles. One dealer says paddles are only an Ocean option.

Anyone any recent experience please?

It's a complicated one and a new option, dealers sometimes don't know a great deal. Have you tried the configurator? To see if that helps/hinders?

Thanks TJ

The configurator says "Leather-wrapped multifunction sports steering wheel w/ tiptronic" Now is that paddles or a shift option on the DSG stick? The one dealer that contradicts the other two says the configurator isn't always correct with the options available in the UK. So thought I would see if anyone had specific experience here

Thanks TJ

The configurator says "Leather-wrapped multifunction sports steering wheel w/ tiptronic" Now is that paddles or a shift option on the DSG stick? The one dealer that contradicts the other two says the configurator isn't always correct with the options available in the UK. So thought I would see if anyone had specific experience here

My view is tiptronic is the paddles. I have the standard wheel that came with ACC. No sports or paddles. Yeah the configurator is not always correct either and can change without notice. Its a mind field unfortunately that never seems to get any clearer.

Friendly place this....

Had done that HC and found that thread, but doesn't specifically answer my question hence posted the question here

If you found the tread ....you could have used it to place your Q , others would pick it up and maybe ending up with an answer.
Starting a new tread makes it even more complicated.
On some things there are sevral treads all saying thesame , pretty useless .
Nothing to do with beeing friendly or not , just logic thinking ....use what there is , keep,it simple.

Friendly place this....

I struggled to get any clear information on this from dealers, but it was for an Ocean order rather than a Beach. Often the dealers either get no info or incorrect info from VW so don't hold it against them...

Don't be put off, someone else will be along soon enough with an answer!

Thanks TJ

Think I can help - I have ordered a Beach with Guy in VW Preston in Sept. He sent me an email a while back to let me know paddles are now available and did I want to add that to my order. I have added them :0) I have paddles in our old Audi and although not the sportiest car in the world they are useful. Also have them in my 911 - and a lot more useful.
Proper old fashioned customer service from Guy.

Smudge that's perfect. Any thanks chaps for the warm welcome sd and Ali

Now there's a specific thread about Paddles on a Beach rather than being buried in four pages of discussion on an Ocean. Hopefully it will be useful to someone else using the search function ;-)

I also ordered through Guy at Preston VW. Great guy. Have ordered the Beach DSG and confirmed it comes with paddles with the Sports steering wheel.

Smudge that's perfect. Any thanks chaps for the warm welcome sd and Ali

Now there's a specific thread about Paddles on a Beach rather than being buried in four pages of discussion on an Ocean. Hopefully it will be useful to someone else using the search function ;-)

Hi JB
I went through this dilemma when ordering my Ocean and read all the posts. In the end Jabberwocky was really helpful replying to me as follows: dealer order code ZE7 for steering wheel without paddles and ZEA for the Multi Function Steering Wheel with paddles.
I am reasonably sure that the same coding would apply to a Beach as an Ocean (why on earth not?) so suggest you specify the ZEA code for your steering wheel, as I did, and hopefully all will be well.

Thanks Ninja

Just checked the order and it's ZEA. Not really fussed on paddles but nice to have if only to knock it down a gear and hold it back going down a hill. Appreciate you can do that with the stick too.

Thanks Ninja

Just checked the order and it's ZEA. Not really fussed on paddles but nice to have if only to knock it down a gear and hold it back going down a hill. Appreciate you can do that with the stick too.

Exactly why I think they are useful, and more control than taking your left hand off the wheel...also on occasion you come up to a bend that's a bit sharp and using the engine gearing is a good way of braking a fully loaded Cali without drama.

To update this thread, I can confirm our DSG Beach has come with paddles on. Now I just need to get my hands on the vehicle. Handover Monday

Back