Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Paint Code

i don't think it will have a code

All Paints have a code. If it's mixed there is a code. If anyone other than a select few at VW know what the code is, is another matter.

Thanks anyway.

Ok, I’m intrigued and will bite; why?

It's the only paint colour on the van that isn't Grey or Black and I have decided to have the Brake callipers painted in the exact same colour (if possible), a colour accent basically. Having admitted that I guess I better get my tin hat on:oops:

It's the only paint colour on the van that isn't Grey or Black and I have decided to have the Brake callipers painted in the exact same colour (if possible), a colour accent basically. Having admitted that I guess I better get my tin hat on:oops:
Ah, that sounds great; it’s the little touches....Look forward to the pics.

All Paints have a code. If it's mixed there is a code. If anyone other than a select few at VW know what the code is, is another matter.

Thanks anyway.
what i meant was it will not be a vw code

what i meant was it will not be a vw code
Eh? It's the only thing it is guaranteed to be. When the people making the trim are running out of paint they will order a new batch of paint XYXYZZ from the VW paint shop.

Anyway never mind, I will get a paint mixed to match.

Thanks for your input.

Is it painted or is it a plastic sticker stuck in place?

I ask as if you order a new panel it comes without any colour in the 'tap' outline.

Colour the blue black and then you are free to paint your brakes whichever colour you like :cool:

Seriously though I like your determination!

Probably easier to paint the Calipers whichever Blue you want and then repaint the Blue Tap to match.

Mmmm.... I see the theme is change the van to match the brakes. Bloody heathens :D. I will persevere with my original idea. Thanks all and goodnight!

I must admit that I didn’t really notice the blue tap on our Grey (and otherwise very consistently colour schemed) Cali before reading this post. As in, I knew there was a small blue tap above the water filler but my eyes were never drawn to it.

Having read this thread yesterday evening, it’s now all I can focus on when I look at the nearside of our Cali. I may need to colour mine black now!!! :headbang

I must admit that I didn’t really notice the blue tap on our Grey (and otherwise very consistently colour schemed) Cali before reading this post. As in, I knew there was a small blue tap above the water filler but my eyes were never drawn to it.

Having read this thread yesterday evening, it’s now all I can focus on when I look at the nearside of our Cali. I may need to colour mine black now!!! :headbang
I'll do you a swap for one that has never been coloured. On the assumption that yours is water and EHU combined like this.DSCN6269.JPG

907 gas bottle is a similar blue.
How blue do you want to be?

I work in the print industry and my eye can tell the colour difference at around a delta E rating of 0.6.
Anything over a delta E of 1 would drive me barmy. That's how Blue :D
I get where you are coming from but ...