Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Paint on roof

T

tedgina

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I was told yesterday by vw sheffeild that the paint defect on the roof is due to the roof being fiberglass not metal (LoL)and vw cannot guarantee the quality of the finish what do you think?

I was told yesterday by vw sheffeild that the paint defect on the roof is due to the roof being fiberglass not metal (LoL)and vw cannot guarantee the quality of the finish what do you think?
Apart from them not knowing what they are talking about, whatever the material it isn’t an excuse for poor quality.
Think we need a thread of “Dealers Quotes”

Ovbiously take your Metal California to another dealership for maintainance etc.

Thought I saw something on here recently that Sheffield are trying to improve the overall customer experience, may I suggest they start with training for staff product knowledge!!!!

I would go back and ask very nicely " Could you point to where the exclusion clause is in the Warranty for paint defects on the Fibreglass roof ?" Or " Could you explain in simple terms how fibreglass corrodes and why VW have been carrying out corrosion checks on early T6 Californias ?".

I would go back and ask very nicely " Could you point to where the exclusion clause is in the Warranty for paint defects on the Fibreglass roof ?" Or " Could you explain in simple terms how fibreglass corrodes and why VW have been carrying out corrosion checks on early T6 Californias ?".
Also ask them if yours if more valuable as you believe it is the only Factory T6 Cali with that roof material.

The roof is made from aluminium
or aloominum if you want :)

When we bought our California new at Sinclairs VW in Cardiff the vehicle had Zero miles and just sitting in the showroom. As I was inspecting it I noticed a small kink in the roof which they probably knew about but conveniently forgot to mention..Anyway I said that before I actually paid for it I wanted the roof fixing. I had done my apprenticeship in motor body repair so I knew it was a simple 10 minute job. I told them the roof was Aluminium so easy to repair BUT they insisted it was fibreglass and it couldn’t be straightened out..After a to and fro the service Expert said that he would bet his house that it wasn’t Aluminium and was fibreglass...He walked off only to come back 10 minutes later with a very red face....And no he didn’t hold his side of the bargain..
Just goes to show they know nothing and are completely useless. That’s why I’m always reluctant to take it into Sinclairs but at least now they have more knowledgeable people in The Swansea branch.

When we bought our California new at Sinclairs VW in Cardiff the vehicle had Zero miles and just sitting in the showroom. As I was inspecting it I noticed a small kink in the roof which they probably knew about but conveniently forgot to mention..Anyway I said that before I actually paid for it I wanted the roof fixing. I had done my apprenticeship in motor body repair so I knew it was a simple 10 minute job. I told them the roof was Aluminium so easy to repair BUT they insisted it was fibreglass and it couldn’t be straightened out..After a to and fro the service Expert said that he would bet his house that it wasn’t Aluminium and was fibreglass...He walked off only to come back 10 minutes later with a very red face....And no he didn’t hold his side of the bargain..
Just goes to show they know nothing and are completely useless. That’s why I’m always reluctant to take it into Sinclairs but at least now they have more knowledgeable people in The Swansea branch.
One of the Reasons I use South Hereford.