Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Paintless Dent Removal

Ting Tong

Ting Tong

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
After a bad work day, little sleep and a 6 hour 20 min drive from Cardiff to Ashford Kent (211 miles) with hours of stationary traffic on the M25, I was knackered and managed to sideswipe the wooden gate at my sisters! Big dent in the door but luckily no paint damage.

471121B2-6FEE-4082-9C77-CF91D3A1A87D.jpeg

My insurance is already expensive after making the mistake of insuring one of my children who had 2 accidents in our car followed by Mrs L, so I didn’t want to put a claim in. After taking some advice on the T6 forum about where to go, I took it to Simon in Dent-Tox in Swansea yesterday. Apparently he competes in national championships and is well regarded. We left it there all day and had a rather dreary day in Swansea in the rain. I was worried because he messaged after an hour to say his light showed that the dent extended all the way down the door but when we got back at 5, it was perfect like the dent had never existed....and all for £280.

E078BE1E-60B5-4047-A503-70F5DE544F4A.jpeg

I’d highly recommend considering a so-called PDR if you have any body panel damage: the work they do is amazing even on much worse damage than ours. However, I’d avoid the franchised repairers that come to you and I’m also glad I took the advice not to try pulling or touching it myself.

In the last photo you can see the little hole he made to get behind the dent, which he subsequently sealed and plugged.

244A38EB-43D7-46DE-BC1E-A9E23CC19147.jpeg

Last edited:
PDR is a skill.

Back