Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Paintwork

john eagle

john eagle

Eaglehead
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi does anyone know how to remove the plate with the water and 240 hook up from the body of the van if it the side panel of the van needed painting?

First remove the 240 hook up (4 screws under the lid)
Then remove the sliding blind in the wardrobe.
Try to gently pull off the 2 plastic nuts (the nuts are some kind of weak metal, but they are screwed on plastic pins).
Unscrew the water hose.
That's it.
You better order a new plate, as you will likely break something.

First remove the 240 hook up (4 screws under the lid)
Then remove the sliding blind in the wardrobe.
Try to gently pull off the 2 plastic nuts (the nuts are some kind of weak metal, but they are screwed on plastic pins).
Unscrew the water hose.
That's it.
You better order a new plate, as you will likely break something.
The self tapping nuts will unscrew but be careful not to drop them. They will disappear down below the wardrobe never to be seen again. The screws on the Hook-up inlet are Torx and the inlet water pipe is a standard Jubilee Clip. Ordering a replacement is good advice.

I should add the +ve and -ve power cables unplug and the earth is bolted to the Cali body just inside the van beside the opening once the plate is loose.

Not a difficult job, just a fiddle.

Alan

Well, when things are too obvious, I sometimes forget to tell. When I would do it, I would explain it, but from behind my pc, I might forget some things. But you are here to back me up! :thumb

When we bought our used Cali back in 2013 the hook-up plate was sticking out at the front because the plastic studs had broken off. So replacing it was the first job I did.

It has stuck in my mind ever since.

Alan

Back