Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

palmerston 18 '' wheel option

D

Darrenrurth

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Has anyone got these wheels on a T6.1 and is the ride the same as the smaller wheels.has anyone had a T 6.1 lowered with the palmerston

Has anyone got these wheels on a T6.1 and is the ride the same as the smaller wheels.has anyone had a T 6.1 lowered with the palmerston
IMG_1500.jpeg
These are the Palmerston's with standard suspension and we think they look great especially with the Ascot Grey. Can't comment on the comparison with other wheels but have no issues with the ride.

Thank you is this a private vw or at a dealership as thinking of ordering ascot grey with white
Would like to see the grey as no one has one on stock
Many thanks

Thank you is this a private vw or at a dealership as thinking of ordering ascot grey with white
Many thanks
It's a photo from the day we picked it up from SMG Tonbridge a couple of weeks ago. The is a thread with other photos if you search for Ascot Grey. If you are located anywhere near us, North East Scotland, you would be more than welcome to have a look at it.

Diamond cut wheels such as these look great when new but a few years later (or less) the dreaded 'fungi' type corrosion sets in making them look terrible.

If confirmation needed just look around any carpark at similar wheels on vehicles.

Many thanks
Have a look at VW Commercial Dealers as they have vans in this colour to give you an idea.

Remember, no spare wheel with 18” or above.

It is possible to carry an 18" spare wheel. I have trial fitted a 7.5" x 18" with a 235/55/18 104V tyre. Available for sale as decided to stay on 17".

I really liked the look of the Palmerston wheels so ordered them.
Diamond cut wheels don't dissolve on their own. Take a bit of care not to scuff them and they will be fine.

I have them on my 6, lowered 70mm, three years old now and not a mark on them.
So if they are properly looked after they are absolutely fine. Comments as above stating they dont last is B@ll@cks
My advice would be to stay away from any kind of acidic cleaners that will eat away the lacquer.
The ride is also fine.

2020-10-17 09.13.58.jpg

So if they are properly looked after they are absolutely fine. Comments as above stating they dont last is B@ll@cks
My advice would be to stay away from any kind of acidic cleaners that will eat away the lacquer.
The ride is also fine.

View attachment 68176
That looks the dogs b...

The ride is also fine.

View attachment 68176
Hi Paul van looks great . Notice you have the factory fitted mud flaps. I too have the palmerstons on order on Ocean 4Motion but took the mud guards off in case they bottom out and damage the rear bumper . My drop to be done at dealer is only 30mm . What is your experience ?

Hi, Thankyou. The mudflaps are a dealer fit not factory, the factory fitted flaps are attached differently, the dealer fitted flaps are drilled into the rear bumper, not the best way of attaching but they work.
I had the -30mm kit before this Eibach kit and they were fine, they scrape a little when going over speed bumps but if you can put up with that they are great.
They are still OK now the van is -70mm.

Hi, Thankyou. The mudflaps are a dealer fit not factory, the factory fitted flaps are attached differently, the dealer fitted flaps are drilled into the rear bumper, not the best way of attaching but they work.
I had the -30mm kit before this Eibach kit and they were fine, they scrape a little when going over speed bumps but if you can put up with that they are great.
They are still OK now the van is -70mm.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have bought some stubbies to fit myself. They do not need any drilling to install

The ride is also fine.

View attachment 68176
This picture makes me sad I sold mine,this was my plan with the coilovers on our 6.1 , with Palmerstons never got chance to do it,,,
luckily I have had a few calis on coilovers,so Iv has my fun .
the mrs decided more space and a toilet was better than a lowered cali. :(
It’s not a big daft motorhome just a crafter but I miss our cali already,

This picture makes me sad I sold mine,this was my plan with the coilovers on our 6.1 , with Palmerstons never got chance to do it,,,
luckily I have had a few calis on coilovers,so Iv has my fun .
the mrs decided more space and a toilet was better than a lowered cali. :(
It’s not a big daft motorhome just a crafter but I miss our cali already,
Shame. There’s still a few kicking about.
Do they do the eibach kit for the 6.1 with all the anti roll wind electric gizmos??

Shame. There’s still a few kicking about.
Do they do the eibach kit for the 6.1 with all the anti roll wind electric gizmos??
Yep the eibach coilovers are the same as 6s,,,I had some reserved but the dealership sold them someone else before I picked my van up.
So I never got to lower it.
the 30mm lowering springs are different they have a plastic moulding on spring on the 6.1. So if anyone is thinking of it and your just changing the springs you need to order the 6.1 30mm ones ...

How is the ride when droped 3omm with the 18inch wheels
I tried an ocean with 17inch and the drive was so smooth

The ride is also fine.

View attachment 68176
Your van looks mint but where would you recommend to fit if I went for 70 mm lower and new 18” as have factory fitted mudflaps?

Taff T

I'd suggest that you measure from the bottom of a front mudflap to the ground then deduct 70mm and see how little remains.

I've got fully vairiable height air suspension and when that low my mud flaps scrape getting in and out of my drive and on 'normal' roads plus most speed bumps. OK on Motorways.

30 to 55mm are normal fixed lowered heights.

Front wheel arch outer top area has the least tyre clearance.

Your van looks mint but where would you recommend to fit if I went for 70 mm lower and new 18” as have factory fitted mudflaps?

Taff T
CRS performance are the boys to sort things out. Vw fitted the coilovers for me but the van didn’t sit level. A few tweaks and adjustments and these boys sorted it right out,
they also deal in eibach - there’s nothing Steve there doesn’t know.

The mudflaps hardly scrape.