Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Palmerston alloys

B

Baylinerjersey

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi all,

I am new to the site so a big hello to everyone.

I have just purchased a Beach in Candy white.. the present wheels are Davenports. I was looking at upgrading to Palmerstons but they are quite a bit out of my price range. Would anyone recommend a alloy similar to the Palmerston that would look good on a Candy white Beach. Or does anyone have a set of 18” Palmerstons they would like to sell

Thanks in advance

Paolo

Hi and welcome to the site,

I assume theses alloys are all diamond cut finish, if so they will most definitely start to corrode after a couple of years.

If it was myself I would have rethink.

Regards
Bill

Thanks Billywizz, I completely get where your coming from. I am just not a fan of the Davenports. Is there another wheel that would like nice on a Candy white ?
thanks

Think there's a guy selling Palmerstons on the FB page? Delivery miles.

Thank you will join and have a look

The ‘woodstock’ are a similar style to the ‘palmerstons’ and available on new orders at no extra charge.

So might be easier to find second hand? As a lot of people change wheels?

VW’s configurator let’s you see the wheels on different colours

Don’t listen to the corroding comments, if you look after them they are fine. I’ve had mine 4 years in and they are still like new.
Stay away from any acid wash products etc, wash brake dust off when they go black and jobs a good en. Go for it.

Don’t listen to the corroding comments, if you look after them they are fine. I’ve had mine 4 years in and they are still like new.
Stay away from any acid wash products etc, wash brake dust off when they go black and jobs a good en. Go for it
“Don’t listen to the corroding comments, what a load of tripe”(Bad advice)
People are entitled to their opinions and in my experience having owned Polos, Golfs, Californias along with friends using these finish of wheels the inevitable happens I’m afraid.

the corroding-thing can be pretty serious. You have take care of your rims frequently. Our van is delivered sept-21 with Aracaju diamond-cut rims. I don't wash the Cali weekly, but at least once every 3 weeks on average (handwash!) and in between I rinse it down with a pressurewasher on a safe distance.
Our rims started corroding since a month or so. If it gets worse, I'm done with diamond-cut and have them powdercoated..
Oh, and we live in the Dutch climate. Hardly any winter, nor sea-salt winds..

I had 3 of 4 diamond-cut Cascavals replaced under warranty for cosmetic corrosion in the final year of the 5 year extended warranty