Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Park Pilot error / ghost trailer

OGII

OGII

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Morning,

For the last couple of days my park pilot shows a trailer being attached when first starting up. Toggling the button to turn PA off/ on doesn't change it, I still see a phantom trailer on the screen.

Driving off then sees the trailer image disappear and PP appears to work normally

My first thoughts were rain/water shorting the connectors but as it has continued even after drier periods I'm wondering if there could be a connection working loose/ component failure elsewhere.

MY2018 Beach, aftermarket PFJones supplied Westfalia loom that has worked perfectly with and without a trailer for circa 4 years.

Any ideas? Thanks

Last edited:
I assume you haven't got a 7 to 13 pin adapter plugged in?

If not, there is a microswitch on the socket which "tells" the van something is plugged in, I am wondering if that has been depressed.

I assume you haven't got a 7 to 13 pin adapter plugged in?

If not, there is a microswitch on the socket which "tells" the van something is plugged in, I am wondering if that has been depressed.
No, no adapters, just 7 pin socket.

Many thanks for the microswitch thought. Will have a look when the rains finally stop. It's odd that it goes to non trailer view a few seconds after setting off.

Back