Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parkers price guide?

S

Sutherland

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I have just started the process of looking to buy a California ocean. I noticed there is a big difference between the price listed on auto trader and the recommended prices in Parkers Price guide.
Does anybody know if the price in parkers price guide is worth consideration or is it just inaccurate?
Thank you for any help

Throw Parkers away. Californias hold their value very well and can vary in cost due to extras. Prices go up in pre season and soften a little at the back end of summer. You need to do your research, follow the ads on this site, VW vans website and Auto trader and you will get the gist of what prices to expect. Good luck and you will find lots of answers to questions in the huge amount of threads on this forum.
:welcome

Welcome! I'll buy as many as you can find at Parkers prices! The reality is you've probably got more chance of walking on the moon.

It's a good time of year to start looking for one as prices will soften slightly before taking off again in the spring. I went round the houses every which way and the bottom line is there is no such thing as a cheap Cali. The good news is that although you pay on the way in, you will retain on the way out (notwithstanding a complete financial meltdown!).

Good luck!

I have just started the process of looking to buy a California ocean. I noticed there is a big difference between the price listed on auto trader and the recommended prices in Parkers Price guide.
Does anybody know if the price in parkers price guide is worth consideration or is it just inaccurate?
Thank you for any help

Parkers have no clue when it comes to Cali's as stated above.

This question been answered many times, the search facility can be very useful :)

Parkers have no clue when it comes to Cali's as stated above.

This question been answered many times, the search facility can be very useful :)

Thank you for comments!
I'm probably being a bit dim but I can't find a search?? I've just had another look and??
Can u point me in the right direction?
Thanks

Thank you for comments!
I'm probably being a bit dim but I can't find a search?? I've just had another look and??
Can u point me in the right direction?
Thanks
Top of the page in the panoramic photo. Google also brings up lots of forum results.

I'm using my phone and it's all a bit small.

:welcome @Craig Watson. The search function is different on smartphones, you have to tap the three dots next to the 'NEW POSTS' and it brings up a menu which includes 'Search Forums'.

Good luck in your search and as said above, don't bother with Parkers.

As far as the California is concerned, if you have a wonky table then Parkers Price Guide might come in useful.........but that's about it.

IMO, the only way to price accurately is to carry out a price survey of as many vehicles advertised both through the trade and privately. Make sure you look at as many sources as possible e.g Ebay, VW Commercial, Gumtree but best of all the Club "Calis for Sale" section. Note down vehicles of about the same age and with a with similar spec, condition and mileage to your vehicle. That should give you a good average ball park price to ask for your vehicle. Also watch how quickly these vehicles sell. If they go quickly then you might consider asking a little more for yours but if they are advertised for a long time then they might be over priced. Also, if you are selling a very late model T5 then you should also look at the prices of the early T6s as many buyers would probably prefer the face lifted version if the prices are about the same.

The time of year also has to be taken into account when pricing. You may get more in the spring than you would now in the autumn. However by then the car will be older and a new registration will be upon us so the value may have dropped. So whilst you can ask what you like but you may have more success at different times of year.

It really comes down to how quickly you need to sell it. If you aren't fussed if it doesn't sell but but would part with it for the right price then go for the very high end of the survey prices and see what happens.

As far as the California is concerned, if you have a wonky table then Parkers Price Guide might come in useful.........but that's about it.

IMO, the only way to price accurately is to carry out a price survey of as many vehicles advertised both through the trade and privately. Make sure you look at as many sources as possible e.g Ebay, VW Commercial, Gumtree but best of all the Club "Calis for Sale" section. Note down vehicles of about the same age and with a with similar spec, condition and mileage to your vehicle. That should give you a good average ball park price to ask for your vehicle. Also watch how quickly these vehicles sell. If they go quickly then you might consider asking a little more for yours but if they are advertised for a long time then they might be over priced. Also, if you are selling a very late model T5 then you should also look at the prices of the early T6s as many buyers would probably prefer the face lifted version if the prices are about the same.

The time of year also has to be taken into account when pricing. You may get more in the spring than you would now in the autumn. However by then the car will be older and a new registration will be upon us so the value may have dropped. So whilst you can ask what you like but you may have more success at different times of year.

It really comes down to how quickly you need to sell it. If you aren't fussed if it doesn't sell but but would part with it for the right price then go for the very high end of the survey prices and see what happens.
OP is looking to buy not sell. ;)

OP is looking to buy not sell. ;)
:headbang I'll get my coat.

Actually, for anyone trying to work out what to pay for a California, the same process would serve them well except that after establishing what the reasonable ball park average was and taking into account seasonal demand, they would be informed enough to put in a well placed offer.

Back