Best VW California Dedicated Forum by Miles :)

1. NEXT CLUB MEETS
    Afternoon Meet ( Now with camping available) - 30th March Details Here
    Gloucester Meet - may 17-19 Details Here

Dismiss Notice

Parking at Manchester Airport

Discussion in 'UK' started by sbmcd, Sep 17, 2014.

1. sbmcd

sbmcd VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 180
    I am flying out to Turkey this weekend and am concerned about leaving my Cali at Manchester Airport parking for two weeks, anyone got any experiences to share?

2. Shaun

Shaun

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 180
    We travel frequently from Man , we always use the multi-storey on site.
    Never had any probs , its very easy access to check in etc
    It does have height restrictions so i would check first (we always use the car )

PS if you book through Manchester airport own site you can also book "fast lane" security tickets and beat the queues at security.
    its the best 3 quid i ever spent :thumb

3. sbmcd

sbmcd VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 180
    Thanks Shaun, very useful, was wondering if I should take the spare of and put it in the van.

4. calikev

calikev Administrator Staff Member Admin/Founder Moderator

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 Beach
    I would if I was you :thumb

5. sbmcd

sbmcd VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 180
    Thanks to you both, multi-storey and fast-track booked (had to take roof bars off as 2.0 m height restriction) spare wheel now securely stored in back of van. I do have a spare wheel security device but would prefer not to chance them cutting the wheel carrier!

6. sd5000

sd5000 VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 140
    Year:
    Even without the roof bars 2.0m sounds like it might be very tight.... If you have an awning this could tip you over the 2m depending on tyres, suspension set up etc. not that car park measurements are that accurate anyhow!

7. sbmcd

sbmcd VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 180
    Yes tight, just measured at 1.96 front of awning and 1.98 rear, it will fit just!

8. sbmcd

sbmcd VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 180
    Just back from holiday, I can confirm that the cali with awning and no roof bars does fit in the T1 multi-storey car park at Manchester.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Davidlake

Davidlake VIP Member

what size wheels did you have on the van? mine are 18inch and a bit nervous about parking there this week.
    I have took the roof bars and awning off!

10. WelshGas

WelshGas Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life. Top Poster VIP Member Lifetime VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 180 4Motion
    Year:
    If you have the correct size tyres on 18” wheels then the Diameter is the same as 17” or 16” wheels with the correct sized tyres. So no change in height.

As the wheel diameter increases so the tyre sidewall decreases to keep the diameter and rolling circumference the same so that the Speedometer doesn’t change.

If you have non-VW approved sized tyres fitted then that is a different matter.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
  11. sbmcd

sbmcd VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 180
    Standard wheels and tyres, I left the awning on but took my roof bars off as my Thule bars would take it over the height limit. Normally do not drive with these on anyway.